CrazyBoards.org

using a lot of ativan... what's too much?

Guest lostinthoughtandjaded

Guest lostinthoughtandjaded

Hi guys-

So, briefly, I'm allegedly BP2, and I'm on Lamotrigine, Prozac, and Ativan...

- however, since I've been using the Prozac, I've been needing to use like, 6 or 7 ativans to get me through a day where I would normally previously only use 1 or 2... it seemed to come on really quick too, like, three weeks into my prescription, RATHER than slowly increasing, say from 2 ativans to 3, then to 4 or 5...

it's not that the ativan is working less persay, so much as I'm needing it more often during the day... I practically snack on the stuff at work (half joking there)... is it normal to require a high dose of something like ativan?

and if not... ummmmmmm... any suggestions?

I don't think I can be off antidepressants, the depression is just too damn dark and dangerous.......

You folks all totally rock, though!! Shine on, all you crazy diamonds!!!!!

talk to pdoc!

i know you're joking- but snacking on it is not a good thing. you seem to associate the increased need with the prozac- i've read that some people get some anxiety with prozac, depending on the dose and their individual sensitivities.

the problem with something like ativan is that when you take more and more often than prescribed it is one of those nasty drugs that people can become addicted to. and if you take too much it may lose its effectiveness for you-as you build too much tolerance.

sounds like something may need adjusting- talk to pdoc asap. it sucks to be living with that much anxiety!

How much Ativan do you take? 6 pills can be anywhere from 3mg to 12mg. 3mg is a normal dose for many people, whereas 12mg is on the high side. Many people--myself included--have been prescribed a high dose of benzos. If you and your doctor are both comfortable with it, and it's working for you, then there is no reason to change things.

Archived