CrazyBoards.org

Hey out there! Has anyone taken Buspar? I'm on my second dose and don't particularly like the effects. My pdoc prescribed it for general anxiety - she took me off klonopin because it made me feel depressed and lethargic. So far Buspar has: made me lethargic for 4 hrs, felt nausea, dizzy, faint, palpitations and tingling sensation in limbs. Do I need to keep taking this? I know that it will take 4-6 weeks before effectiveness but I don't like the side effects. Any suggestions?

Taking it twice is approximately not even a fraction of how long a chance you should give it unless you're having an allergic reaction and/or it's completely ruining your life somehow. When I tried it, the side effects got noticeably better within a few days and a bit more after a week or so (although it didn't end up working for my anxiety in the long run, after a month or so). I also noticed that the more I split the dose up throughout the day, the less I had problems with side effects like lethargy/dizziness. For me, twice a day was still too far apart, but I'm kind of notorious for needing to split things up into far-too-many doses per day; twice might be fine for some people. Also, it sounds like it generally works within 1-3 weeks for people if it's going to do something, which is a little less discouraging than six weeks. Finally, depending on how much you started on and how you're doing the dosing, it could be a lot better/worse. Officially they suggest starting at 15mg total per day, but a lot of people start at 7.5-10mg per day and go up from there. It has a tendency to not be terribly effective (if it's going to be at all) until more like 30, though.

Thanks that helped. I just wanted to know if anyone had taken it and that the initial feeling bad would go away. The morning dose is a little hard to deal with but I believe thats because I have two kids at home and cant just sleep through it. I might try splitting the dose to help with the side effects. Right now, I can't tell if its working or not but I did just start taking it. Heres hoping it works better than the others I was on. (the dose is buspar 7.5mg twice a day).

I just wanted to know if anyone had taken it and that the initial feeling bad would go away.

Yeah, it definitely did for me as I got used to it after the first week. The first few days I got pretty spaced out for a little while after taking it, especially at night when I was already tired, but after a week had gone by, that stopped happening, at least for me.

Archived