CrazyBoards.org

bout time Cali got their asses straightened out! i mean come on. it's CALIFORNIA! if uptight new englanders could have gay marriage & civil unions in place ...

definately cause for celebration.

i'd like to see the day when my union is valid outside the state of CT.

if uptight new englanders could have gay marriage & civil unions in place ...

You say that, but it reminds me of an article I read last year. It was something or other mostly about GLBT teens and programs/policies/support for them in and outside of school. Someone observed about things like that in general (not just for teenagers), "Whatever Massachusetts does is what the rest of the country will be doing in ten to fifteen years," and then proceeded to cite a bunch of examples from the past 40+ years. We really do have a pretty good record with stuff like that up here compared to most places, even California.

It is now legal for same-sex couples to marry in the state of California!

On the one hand, I'm pleased for a positive step for human rights and a reaffirmation that all are equal in the eyes of their Creator (even if said Crator was a random glob of amino acids having a lucky day! ;) )

On the other hand, great, I'm now even *more* of a loser for not being married already. :)

On the one hand, I'm pleased for a positive step for human rights and a reaffirmation that all are equal in the eyes of their Creator (even if said Crator was a random glob of amino acids having a lucky day! ;) )

On the other hand, great, I'm now even *more* of a loser for not being married already. :)

depending on your pov, you now have twice the chances* :) .

seriously. this is great news. i hate that it even has to be news at all though.

- rita

*edited to add: marriage however is not always a desirable state of being....

this is great news. i hate that it even has to be news at all though.

Yeah, that's what the real problem is: that it's even such a big deal in the first place.

Trust me, you're not a loser...I am, though :) -has never even had so much as a date-

I totally agree with Nalgas. It's sad that this is big news. It shouldn't be big news. It should be just as mundane and ordinary as hetero marriages. It should be like, "Bob and Jim are getting married." "Oh really? That's nice. Miranda got a C+ in physics."

Sorry I'm not being very articulate, I'm totally out of it. I hope you get what I mean?

Archived