CrazyBoards.org

I just bought the new edition of a pill book that I have. I looked up Zyprexa to see if there was new info on it and I found that it states that it can increase cholesterol levels.

Is there anyone taking Zyprexa who has high cholesterol? If so, how is it being treated?

I ask this because I'm going to be on Zyprexa Zydis long term and know this will probably happen to me one day.

I just bought the new edition of a pill book that I have. I looked up Zyprexa to see if there was new info on it and I found that it states that it can increase cholesterol levels.

Is there anyone taking Zyprexa who has high cholesterol? If so, how is it being treated?

I ask this because I'm going to be on Zyprexa Zydis long term and know this will probably happen to me one day.

it's possible that zyprexa messes with your blood fats ... i've read it somewhere (probably the Pi-sheet. cant remember)

i have high chlostrol by my own. zyprexa didnt worsen that for me i think.

dont be afraid of side effects of a medication that you are not even taking. start caring when they actually happen (which they totally dont have to). it's quite easy to check your cholesterol levels. just ask your doc (or any doc around) to do a bloodwork after one month or so of being on zyprexa. you may also want to have your cholesterin tested before zyprexa to have something to compare. but that would be highly hypochondiac-ish ;)

btw. worrying also increases cholesterol :) well... afaik...

there are also meds for high cholesterol level. ----> Statins in the case that your cholesterol level shoot up like crazy.

Thanks for the info. I've been on Zyprexa Zydis for about 5 months now. I'm not too worried about it but it's not like you will know when your cholesterol levels are elevated, unless you get a blood test. At least there are signs/symptoms to detect elevated blood sugar levels.

• 3 months later...

Hi I am on Zyprexa Zydis and it has raised my cholesterol level. However, my glucose is fine and I have actually lost weight with the zydis form. Also, it has stabilized my moods like no other medication.

I am now taking statins for the cholesterol and I don't care. I don't mean that 'I don't care' as such! I mean that for once in my life my mood is stable and the price of having to take statins for me is a worthy trade-off.

Archived