CrazyBoards.org

ect or not2 ect

Guest hotviggen

Guest hotviggen

;)

what a week,

last weekend got real down, have been waiting for a chance at outpatient ect.. ,. nothing for 2 weeks,, so saw the dr on tue, and well, wasn't too convincing with my answer bout suicide so he decided to refer me to emerg. to get things rolling quicker.

well, during our talk wrt ect, he says.... so what happened in 91 when you had ect and suffered some temporary paralasis... errr.. HMmmm ... I have no recollection of this and so set me in a tailspin while sitting in emerg waiting..

then when I talked to admitting intern, it came up again... now I have stated in other postings how I was OK with ect,, at this point I am getting more than a bit concerned..

.. so , since there were no beds anywhere in the region, I spent the night in emerg with the knowledge they wanted to run a CT scan in the am.

.. feeling really not good about myself and the fact I left my 92 yr old Mum incharge of Cat and house.. Lord I am such a looser.. a pain.. and general waste of DNA//

the only hospital in Edmonton the next day was one of the few I have never been in.. so I couldn't do it.. just giving up all control, and in a way away hospital, doesn't help... so No thanks...

Now, have freed Mum , she is back home*yes at 92 and alone.. I wonder why I live in constant fear of something happening bad** ..

trying to handle this all , thinking that as per always, if I make a decision ,, it will be the Wrong one.. always.. should i be in hospital.. and and... oh, shit , decisions are the death of me

david

SO NOW I AM LOGGED IN, GEEE..

that is me above, boy, can't get this right , and they want MY

opinion on whether I need ect.. go figure

david

;)

I'm sorry are feeling so bad.

It is a hard decision to make. I've had two courses.

I'm just curious... how bad do you feel compared to your worst episode?

I hate it that they are asking you whether or not you need ECT! I wish that they would devise some scale of degree of pain and a scale of ability to cope that would at least help us to make a decision regarding ECT. Maybe they have something like that somewhere but if so, I'm not aware of it.

Did you have bilateral or unilateral treatments?

How long have you felt this bad and how many cocktails have you tried since the last course?

Did it help last time? If so, for how long? Did you have any maintenance treatments?

Side effects? Memory or other cognitive deficits? If so, how long did they last? Are they gone now?

In case, do you have someone that can basically take over your life while going through the treatments?

Do you work?

Have you ever seen a neuropsychiatrist or a nueropsychologist for testing?

IMO that it is better to seek relief from whatever means before the pain continues to worsen and worsen to a point where the illness is much harder to treat effectively. Been there and done that.

So, just how bad do you feel? Can you describe the pain and your ability to function and cope?

Seriously,

Sunshine Outside

david

;)

It is feeling pretty bad, darn hard to compare.. cuz one evolves with howmuch you can handle , ya know..?? .. but really not wanting to go on ,, pretty good indication it is bad...

the new med change/ n determination to realllllly put out to change since my release on wed. , well the afternoons are better than they were,, maybe the lower cymbalta(30) increase to 10mg zyprexa and adding in lamotil it helping? I hate.. wait an d seeing ..

I hate it that they are asking you whether or not you need ECT! I wish that they would devise some scale of degree of pain and a scale of ability to cope that would at least help us to make a decision regarding ECT. Maybe they have something like that somewhere but if so, I'm not aware of it.

Have had both, with bilateral causing more mem loss and headaches as I recall, but intern assured me that much has changed in 10 years.. and did get that ct scan and hope all is good

up there* ,, an eeg is probably inorder before treatments.. :)

How long have you felt this bad and how many cocktails have you tried since the last course?

well that is what it feels like,, if it came out, i tried it, c/w everything else

Did it help last time? If so, for how long? Did you have any maintenance treatments?

I don't think it was as effective as prior treatments last time,, but "surprise" I forget,, hope they

keep better records than I do,, and have never done maintenance, though am open to it if this works

this time

Side effects? Memory or other cognitive deficits? If so, how long did they last? Are they gone now?

I don't remember if there were side effects,, so I guess memory was one,, truly, it has been a big issue as I remember little around them,, childhood memories are non existant, and a lot of stuff is gone. Cogn, well , seems I still function well that way, IQ about 140ish, so when I am up to it , I can do lots.. but the rapid cycling has kept me from working for some 12 yrs now.

In case, do you have someone that can basically take over your life while going through the treatments?

Do you work?

Long time ago saw one, definate frontal lobe issues

IMO that it is better to seek relief from whatever means before the pain continues to worsen and worsen to a point where the illness is much harder to treat effectively. Been there and done that.

So, just how bad do you feel? Can you describe the pain and your ability to function and cope?

Seriously,

Sunshine Outside

Thanks for the reply,, hope that fills in some of it..

Day by day for now..

cheers

david

Guest Guest_mel_*

david

;)

It is feeling pretty bad, darn hard to compare.. cuz one evolves with howmuch you can handle , ya know..?? .. but really not wanting to go on ,, pretty good indication it is bad...

the new med change/ n determination to realllllly put out to change since my release on wed. , well the afternoons are better than they were,, maybe the lower cymbalta(30) increase to 10mg zyprexa and adding in lamotil it helping? I hate.. wait an d seeing ..

Have had both, with bilateral causing more mem loss and headaches as I recall, but intern assured me that much has changed in 10 years.. and did get that ct scan and hope all is good

well that is what it feels like,, if it came out, i tried it, c/w everything else

I don't think it was as effective as prior treatments last time,, but "surprise" I forget,, hope they

keep better records than I do,, and have never done maintenance, though am open to it if this works

this time

I don't remember if there were side effects,, so I guess memory was one,, truly, it has been a big issue as I remember little around them,, childhood memories are non existant, and a lot of stuff is gone. Cogn, well , seems I still function well that way, IQ about 140ish, so when I am up to it , I can do lots.. but the rapid cycling has kept me from working for some 12 yrs now.

Do you work?

Seriously,

Sunshine Outside

Day by day for now..

cheers

david

Guest Guest_mel_*

david

;)

this time

Do you work?

Seriously,

Sunshine Outside

Day by day for now..

cheers

david

Archived