CrazyBoards.org

Greetings fellow worriers!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. This might be a little long, so read on if you're bored ;)

I've been feeling odd for most of my life (21yo), but only relatively recently (~2 years ago) was able to admit it to myself and put a name to the feeling: anxiety. I've been seeing a counsellor, psychologist, etc. and was officially diagnosed with GAD a while ago. It's been a relief, really. To finally be able to pin it down on something. So, after that I started taking Paxil in higher and higher doses (up to 60mg/day). It helped me quite a bit and allowed me to sort out some personal/identity issues that were just making things worse.

Although it helped me feel better generally, I still felt slightly anxious for most of the day and very anxious sometimes. So I decided to talk to my doctor about switching drugs. We decided on Zoloft, another SSRI. I've been on it for only a few days, so it'll be a while before I know whether it's better or worse for me than Paxil.

I'm having a rather anxious evening, so while reading up on the drug I've recently started taking I found this site. Talking to others about my condition has helped me immensely in the past, and this seems like a great place to do just that.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone!

PS. If anyone is in a similar situation (or even not) and wants to talk about it, feel free to PM me!

Solid Root, welcome to the asylum. Please PM any of the mods if you have a question or an issue. Also, you might want to glance over the short list of rules we have.

If you want to talk to fellow nutters, we have chat: click on "Live Chat" up above. You can also start a blog here if you want to visit with the other CB bloggers.

Welcome and I hope you find the answers to your questions.

olga

Archived