CrazyBoards.org

Howdy everyone

It probably won't be so little once I'm done, however, lol.

I've battled depression for about 3 years now. I originally did the whole antidepressant deal back in 2005 because of a relationship, but that was just the trigger I think. I was always a bit depressed even otherwise.

I've battled low self-esteem and confidence for quite a while longer than 3 years, but it's been to the point of course where it depresses me in the last 3 years or so. I've made strides on these issues though just recently this year. Of course, those strides aren't nearly where I'd like to be and sometimes I relapse into pre-stride progress.

I also battle anxiety in my chest and stomach areas sometimes and that's a daily battle as well that sometimes interferes with things. I try to exercise and diet the right way (the diet part is tough though because even though I'm relatively in shape, the late night eating is killing me).

I just got out of a semi-relationship where I saw this girl for almost 2 months. Thought we could work out our pasts, but neither one of us were fully comfortable with it. Naturally, I'm a little bummed about that right now.

I've tried a million things and then some for this whole depression/anxiety combo as you might expect. I'm currently on 30 mg of Lexapro and take a combination of a stress vitamin complex, fish oil, flax seeds, vitamin b6, and vitamin C on a daily basis.

Does any of it work? Somewhat I believe. At any rate, this is the first helpful depression form it looks like I've stumbled across.

I hope to share any knowledge I have with you guys and I'm sure I'll be asking a fair share of questions along with some whining I'm sure

;)

-Travis

Hi! It's good to "meet" you!

Welcome to the boards.

I'm sorry about your relationship. Hopefully you had some good times though it's always hard when you have to move on with things in a relationship.

I also battle anxiety in my chest and stomach areas sometimes and that's a daily battle as well that sometimes interferes with things. I try to exercise and diet the right way (the diet part is tough though because even though I'm relatively in shape, the late night eating is killing me).

...Have you been diagnosed with IBS [irritable Bowel Syndrome]?

Late night eating could upset your digestive system, as well as certain trigger foods.

I would keep a food diary- write what you eat at what time and write down your symptoms and when they happen. After a time you will begin to see a pattern. Anxiety and depression and digestive system problems can all be tied together in IBS.

I hope you can figure out your anxiety and improve with your depression and also hope you stick around!

If you have any questions at all about anything, feel free to PM me or any of the other admins or moderators.

Luna

Welcome Travis,

Hey that wasn't a long post - you should see some others (including most of mine) they really give "war and peace" a run for its money ;)

I'm sad your relationship has ended... I kinda take relationships that last that long fairly seriously...

I hope you can find some help here, I'm sure you will... sounds like you have much in common with a lot of us.

Glad to have you join the crew, see you around the board :)

Archived