CrazyBoards.org

Did anyone see MTV's True LLife on sz?

I watched it last night it's called True Life : I have schizophrenia. It profiled three young people and their struggle with schizophrenia and schizoaffective. I think it's coming on again - you can check the schedule on www.mtv.com.

I caught it last night, and it was interesting to see how differently people cope with mental illness. I like the entire series myself, but the ones I can relate to have even more of an impact on me.

I did and was interested the whole time, I really did not want it to end because I wanted to find out more about what happened to these three very likable people.

By showing the lives of three people with Schizophrenia, it communicated the varying types of symptoms and functionality and the difference in getting treatment or not getting treatment.

I believe that they did not show just how challenging it can be probably so that many viewers were able to tolerate the degree of this illness and maybe that some viewers could relate more and it could encourage some people to get treatment.

In my own life, a person very close to me developed the illness and it has affected me deeply.

The documentary tugged at my feelings of compassion and that is always a good thing.

Thanks much for the link.

Sunshine Outside

Archived