CrazyBoards.org

Ok. Here is my current situation. As some know, I'm currently taking Zyprexa Zydis 5mg/day. With Zyprexa, I am still getting some side effects. The worst one (though not too bad,... yet) is weight gain. I've gone from a size 32 to 34 and now the 34s are starting to get a bit tight. I'm also getting some regurgitation in my mouth (not sure what's causing that). It's hard for me to get up in the morning. Before zyprexa I would be able to get up and go @ 7am. Now I'm asleep until 9 - 10 and it takes about 15 minutes to get myself up and going. One time I slept till 11:30am. Because of the sleeping late, I think it's affecting my ability to get to sleep at night. I go to bed between 10 - 11pm. In addition (though I hate to be gross), it's hard to go #2. I'm like forcinig it to come out. I also think zyprexa is increasing my anxiety levels slightly. Now, the zyprexa (dispite all this) is doing good. I'm not irritable, screaming or hollering, or yelling @ my mom. Things are more peaceful.

Now what I'd like to do is (again) retry abilify, but instead of taking the pills, take the desolving tablets (abilify discmelt). The main side effect I got from abilify was restlessness (akathisia). I believe that won't happen (or be less severe) since I'm at a stable dose with cogentin. I remember my mom telling the doctor I was calmer on abilify and cogentin together. The only other side effect I remember from abilify is insomnia but I have lunesta that can take care of that like I did before.

What I'd like to know is if I switch what should I watch out for? How can I ask the doctor to let me try abilify again? Will there be concequences from stopping zyprexa zydis cold turkey? Should I ask about a short term benzo treatment to help make the move easier?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks agian,

Andy...

...how do you always hear about these meds that I haven't...

I read up on them on the internet. Plus I've been on so many meds the past 3 years still trying to find the combo that works best for me.

Archived