CrazyBoards.org

is it possible?

I used to wake up often with the same problem (esp. the shoulder pain), though I haven't dislocated my shoulder (nocturnally or during a seizure, anyways).

Ditropan reduced my slobbering though I do wake up with the shoulder pain rather often.

As far as having a seizure disorder, nobody really knows if I have one, I take 400mg Lamictal in the morning, and it's possible that by very late night/very early morning the levels go low enough to permit a seizure. (Blood levels of Lamictal are very fickle and not indicative of anything, anyways, or so said the pdoc who put me on it 3 years ago.)

It's possible my brain infection has predisposed me to some sort of nocturnal seizure issues, so maybe we are both having nocturnal seizures like that... though, my neurologist claims that it wasn't an epileptic seizure I could be having, rather, it was something called "convulsive syncope", which is when the brain temporarily loses its blood supply for some reason or other and has a seizure-like event.

Also, my slobbering and pain issues are always concomitant with vivid dreams... how about you..?

My son has Benign Rolandic Epilepsy, the seizures happen right before sleep, during sleep and right when he wakes up. Excess drooling, inability to speak/control mouth. Sometimes neck, shoulder, arm and/or leg can be involved. This type of epilepsy is usually outgrown at puberty, but can continue into adulthood. My long way of saying go to a neurologist, have an EEG done.

Best wishes

As far as having a seizure disorder, nobody really knows if I have one, I take 400mg Lamictal in the morning, and it's possible that by very late night/very early morning the levels go low enough to permit a seizure. (Blood levels of Lamictal are very fickle and not indicative of anything, anyways, or so said the pdoc who put me on it 3 years ago.)

sorry this is stating the obvious, but does splitting the dose to 1/2 that am/pm not help? I just wondered, I take my Lamictal that way (ie is there any point to doing that?).

(sorry this is a bit offtopic)

sorry this is stating the obvious, but does splitting the dose to 1/2 that am/pm not help? I just wondered, I take my Lamictal that way (ie is there any point to doing that?).

(sorry this is a bit offtopic)

heh. tried that, can't sleep on the stuff. I often feel that having seizures at night is way better than having to take Lamictal around then.

to have a seizure during sleep and not remember or being able to recall having it. only evidence: excess slobber and sore shoulder from previous dislocation from previous seizure?

I'd say it's definitely possible. My last seizure happened in the middle of the night while I was asleep in bed. The movement and noise woke up my boyfriend, but of course I have no memory of it and would have had no idea that anything happened if he wasn't there or hadn't said anything. I do think I would have eventually figured out though, due to every muscle in my body being sore the next day.

Archived