CrazyBoards.org

Should I stay on Lexapro...

Here is my current scenario. I'm currently on Lexapro 20mg/day. It does help relieve my depression and anxiety but I'm still getting breakthrough panic attacks. I don't have them the way I use to, but when I get one, it's usually some pain, dizziness, and a feeling of faint. From what I can remember, I didn't have breakthrough symptoms on Zoloft (100mg/day). Only problem is Zoloft can make me agitated and irritable which I don't want to happen again. I feel my anti-psychotic my help with the agitation. What should I do? Stay on lexapro and have breakthrough symptoms of anxiety or take the zoloft, which fully relieves them, and risk getting agitated again?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Andy...

I feel my anti-psychotic my help with the agitation. What should I do? Stay on lexapro and have breakthrough symptoms of anxiety or take the zoloft, which fully relieves them, and risk getting agitated again?

Check with your doctor, but you might have answered your own question. Increasing the AAP a bit might help with the breakthrough anxiety better than shifting ADs, especially if it turns out to be more hypomania-related. I don't know as much about Zyprexa, but it works that way with some of the other AAPs (Seroquel comes to mind)

Archived