CrazyBoards.org

Hi all. I'm actually diagnosed BP1 but am starting to wonder if I'm Schizoaffective or some such as well.

As briefly as possible I deal mostly wih depression. I was also an alcohol addict - has been almost a year since stopping. Recently, I've admitted that I was probably sexually abused as a child (or something, at least, was awry). Marriage has gone under great strains sice I've been "stable" figuring out new roles, etc. I'm trying to become a writer and going back for masters and am feeling the stress of time. Also, have had minor health issues.

So, there's a lot of stress. I think what's happening is I'm getting further away from the addiction and am starting to reopen myself to the manic depression and possible other diagnosis, if that makes sense. For a very short while, I questioned if I WAS BP, but there's too much evidence. Even if I'm not BP, I'm, at the very least, f-ing insane.

Basically, the last couple of days I've felt like the insanity is seeping in again. I'm crawling out of my skin. I feel like I could break at any moment

I'm not really familiar with Schizoaffective, only with Schizophrenia. I see why you worry about psychosis, but I'm not sure I see the Schizophrenia in your description. It sounds like your sense of reality is definitely being tested, but you haven't mentioned all the ruminations, ideation, private thinking, imagining, etc. which is usually a big part of Schizophrenia. I can't really put my finger on it, but I just don't get "the sense" of Schizophrenia from reading your post.

Then again, I don't really have any experience with Schizoaffective - anyone else?

Archived