CrazyBoards.org

New Crazy On Board

Greetings and Salutations and all that rot!

I'm a 20-year-old female, trapped in the "great" state of Texas. My list of maladies seems to be ever-growing: Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized and Social Anxiety Disorders, OCD, ADD - primarily inattentive type, Pre-Menstrual Disphoric Disorder, and dermotillomania. I've also battled with low self-esteem, trust issues, and a few years of cutting as a means to deal with the aforementioned problems.

I'm currently taking Cymbalta and Yaz, with the occasional Ativan to calm my nerves. Unfortunately for me, and for my checkbook, this combination just isn't cutting it (no pun intended ;) ). I'm on the lookout for help, advice, and hopefully a few friends.

An addict by nature (and genetics), I have a tendency to abuse anything I can get my hands on. I'm almost afraid of my 21st birthday, knowing that having alcohol available any time I choose might well be my downfall. I finally managed to kick my smoking habit about 2 years ago, though the urge has never completely left me. Fortunately, I have never taken any sort of foray into illegal drug; I've not even touched so much as a joint.

I'm currently a junior in college, studying to be a Secondary English, Language Arts, and Reading teacher. Books and music help keep my general craziness in check. You'll have to forgive me for anything that might come off differently from what I intend - I am awkward in all forms of social interaction! I have but a handful of close friends and a long-term boyfriend, though I don't have a great deal of support for all things mental illness; talking about these things is so strange to me.

I found this forum a few days ago while doing a little research on dermotillomania, and I just have to say "WOW". I think I have found my new haven! This place, as evidenced by the bit of lurking I have been doing over the last few days, is absolutely amazing. I'm just grateful that this place exists, and that you all seem so welcoming and sympathetic/empathetic.

And thus: here I am! Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a lonely little girl...

Hey, Kitty---welcome to the loony bin. he he he Please contact any of the mods if you have a concern, and you might want to read through our rules. They're pretty simple and easy to follow.

Have a good time and I hope you get the help you need.

olga

I just joined myself yesterday, and it really does help being part of a community (as it were), knowing there are poeple out there who have gone through what you're going through and are just as (and often more than) fucked up as you. Somehow that thought is comforting. ;)

It's always nice to meet another English major/aspiring English teacher. I got my MA degree in English back '03. Since then I've worked as a TEFL in Japan and now I live in Sweden, where I work for an English-only aftershool program and also as a Business English consultant.

Basically, I divide my working time between five year-old children and professional adults.

Welcome aboard the crazy train.

Hey! I'm from Texas. Lived there the first 24 years of my life. I know there are "armpits", but I was born/lived in San Antonio, which is a great city, IMO. Curious, what part don't you like? I have all my family there, so I'll probably never move back.

I SI too, and there's a great board for it. Good suggestions pinned, I recommend you read them.

Welcome!

I just joined myself yesterday, and it really does help being part of a community (as it were), knowing there are poeple out there who have gone through what you're going through and are just as (and often more than) fucked up as you. Somehow that thought is comforting. ;)

It's always nice to meet another English major/aspiring English teacher. I got my MA degree in English back '03. Since then I've worked as a TEFL in Japan and now I live in Sweden, where I work for an English-only aftershool program and also as a Business English consultant.

Basically, I divide my working time between five year-old children and professional adults.

Welcome aboard the crazy train.

Thanks for the welcome - and a hearty one right back to you!

It is awfully comforting to meet other English fanatics. I'm just working on my BA for now, but I'm contemplating an MA or more! Though, I must admit, I'm terribly jealous of your location; how in the world did you end up there, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey! I'm from Texas. Lived there the first 24 years of my life. I know there are "armpits", but I was born/lived in San Antonio, which is a great city, IMO. Curious, what part don't you like? I have all my family there, so I'll probably never move back.

I SI too, and there's a great board for it. Good suggestions pinned, I recommend you read them.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, Rabbit!

There are wonderful places in Texas - and San Antonio is definitely one of them. Unfortunately, I'm living in East Texas, a bit too close to Arkansas for my tastes ;) . I'm a fan of Central and South Texas; I have family in the Fort Worth area, and Austin and San Marcos both hold a special place in my heart.

Appreciate the tips on the SI board. I will definitely have to check those out!

Archived