CrazyBoards.org

Goodbye Depression

I'M NOT DEPRESSED! WOO HOO!!!!!!

The depression is finally gone. In all honesty, the change is amazing. I'm actually extremely busy now. I'm getting my life on track, and I'm working out a plan to prevent relapse.

Already today, I've read part of a book, gone jogging, talked to several people on the phone (that's amazing for me), and cooked. Most "normal" people would probably laugh and say "he's proud of that?" It doesn't seem like much, but it's HUGE for me.

I owe it all to Lamictal. I'm only on 50mg currently! The change started on the 3rd day at 25mg. Apparently I respond really well to it! Others actually noticed the change before I did.

I'm going up to 100mg on Tuesday, and I'm curious what will happen. I'm sure it will probably sedate me for another two weeks. *sigh* I'm thinking very little will change at 100mg, but I guess that's where I'm going to stay for awhile.

Lamictal is truly a wonder drug for me, and I consider $5 a day to be a bargain. It'll be even better when the generic comes out later this year. I've only been on it for a month, but I never imagined it would be so effective.

So, as of Tuesday, I'll be on:

300 mg Bupropion

100 mg Lamictal

I'm pretty optimistic about the combo.

The bupropion helps me sleep, and I usually wake up after 5-7 hours feeling good.

The Lamictal works extremely well on the depression

The bupropion gives me energy to do whatever I want (I don't consume caffeine either)

I've been told i can drink a bit since the AED counteracts the seizure effects of the bupropion

Both are weight neutral

The lamictal might keep me from going over the top.

In all honesty, I think it's odd that the bupropion helps me sleep. It's not hypomania either as it helped me sleep even when I was depressed.

Basically, it's like I'm not even taking any drugs - other than the effect on my wallet.

Anyway, there's really no point to this, but I'm so excited I just wanted to say something. I probably sound hypomanic, but keep in mind I just came out of a year long depression. It's like living in another world.

Well this is encouraging! I was just prescribed Lamictal, but as an anti-convulsant for epilepsy. I hope it works as well for that as it does for your depression. The last anti-convulsant I was on (carbamezapine) made me break out in hives and my throat swell up.

So, as of Tuesday, I'll be on:

300 mg Bupropion

100 mg Lamictal

Anyway, there's really no point to this, but I'm so excited I just wanted to say something. I probably sound hypomanic, but keep in mind I just came out of a year long depression. It's like living in another world.

i love hearing this stuff ;)

congrats! woo hoo!

i am also relatively new to the lamictal&wellbutrin combo, and i know exactly what you mean about living in another world. i am sure i sounded hypomanic too at first, just because i was so freaking excited to be NOT DEPRESSED for once in my life! i couldn't stop smiling about the fact that i was smiling, if that makes sense :)

my thyroid just threw all that for a loop, but i'm hoping after that's straightened away i get back to that place like YESTERDAY!

thanks for sharing that.

- rita

When meds really work??? That's what it feels like. I feel 'normal' after god knows how long...........it was proof to me that it wasn't all hypochondria, all in my head....cough......

That normal feeling told me my chemical imbalance was way outta whack and needed a good jump start.....

Roll with it........!

Archived