CrazyBoards.org

I couldn't see my normal pdoc today as she's not in on Friday - Sunday, but I saw the Nurse Practitioner today. I was having increased anxiety on the 7.5mg of Zyprexa. So for right now what she told me to do is decrease the Zyprexa to 5mg, and start Abilify @ 5mg. She said after I get transferred over, she will start me on Lamictal.

What I'd like to know is what should I expect as we transfer over from the one medication to the other. I'm still taking the Lexapro 20mg/day and Cogentin 1mg twice a day. Will it be weird feelings being on 2 antipsychotics at the same time. I don't know how long I'll be on the Zyprexa 5mg, as we're just trying to ease the coming off of Zyprexa and introducing Abilify.

Who knows what you can expect or how you'll feel? Everyone is so very different--just look at me and my fiancee. I was knocked out on 10 mg of zyprexa (and see, you're feeling anxiety) and she was bitching about not being able to sleep on 30. I was on 80 mg of geodon and falling asleep at my desk at work, hopped up on 1200 mg of caffeine--she's on 240 mg of geodon and doing fine. But, I'm walking around fine on risperdal while that knocked her ass out.

Oh, and the both of us have been on two AAPs at once--she currently is--maybe you'll feel weird, maybe you won't. I really can't say, it's up to your brain and your body.

Saw the pdoc. Zyprexa was decreased to 2.5mg, abilify kept @ 5mg, Lexapro and Cogentin were left alone. Right now I seem to be doing ok. I got myself a mood diary from the zyprexa website (http://zyprexa.com/pdf/MoodDiary.pdf) and I've been using it daily to keep track. I've noticed some mild hypomania symptoms (talking more, irritability) but I'm currently waiting it out because of the change in meds. I will keep track on my diary and let the doctor know everything when I see her on 6/18.

Archived