CrazyBoards.org

Guilt

I feel guilty everytime I cut.

I don't want to lie to my friends or significant other, but when they ask me what I did last night, I just say nothing.

I am so ashamed that I wasn't strong enough to cope, so I resorted to drastic unhealthy measures.

I have tried to stop, it's difficult when the reason I SI is that I feel unwanted. So when people tell me they care, my mind convinces me that they are lying.

And onto a happier subject:

I started therapy last Friday, and she is amazing. Plus she has gummy bears in her office ^.^

hi Tangerine

this is like a vicious cycle. you cut - guilt appears - then anxiety - then you cut again out of anxiety - etc....

the important thing is to break the cycle. "ok so i cut. what to do now? yes i do feel like crap but i have to do something to stay safe" and this is where the whole list of safe coping mechanisms enters. it's hard as hell, because your body and your mind are used to coping thru cutting. but like i said, breaking the cycle is essential. the good thing is that you're starting therapy. you're gonna learn a lot there. your therapist is gonna give you tools to fight the urges, and if you slip, instead of feeling miserable and falling into the cycle again, you're gonna learn something positive from it, and you'll become stronger everytime. so don't give up. starting therapy is having half the way done. good for you!!

and the gummi bears thing is definitely a pro ;)

hi Tangerine

this is like a vicious cycle. you cut - guilt appears - then anxiety - then you cut again out of anxiety - etc....

the important thing is to break the cycle. "ok so i cut. what to do now? yes i do feel like crap but i have to do something to stay safe" and this is where the whole list of safe coping mechanisms enters. it's hard as hell, because your body and your mind are used to coping thru cutting. but like i said, breaking the cycle is essential. the good thing is that you're starting therapy. you're gonna learn a lot there. your therapist is gonna give you tools to fight the urges, and if you slip, instead of feeling miserable and falling into the cycle again, you're gonna learn something positive from it, and you'll become stronger everytime. so don't give up. starting therapy is having half the way done. good for you!!

and the gummi bears thing is definitely a pro ;)

Thank you for the advice. I completely agree with the whole breaking the cycle thing.

<3

Archived