CrazyBoards.org

Days you don't want to go outside . .

Does anyone ever have days they just don't want to go outside? I mean if people came over here that would be ok. But today I was going to go to the pool and layout (save the skin cancer lectures please), and I got everything ready and now I just want to stay inside. Days like these make me feel useless. I am not worried about what will happen if I do - I know it will be fine. I just don't want to go.

Would that be part of the anxiety or OCD or just my general weirdness?

;)

it really could be any of the above.

Does it happen a lot? or has it increased lately?

if there's an anxiety in it it would be worth talking about. sometimes you just don't feel like it and it might be nothing. but the fact you are asking makes me think you are worried about it.

this is almost constant for me. I'd love it if everything in my life could come to me. If I don't have an appt or somewhere I have to be, I often don't go out at all.

for me its anxiety about all sorts of things. sometimes, i can't even get out the door if I do have to be somewhere.

for me its definately anxiety and some ocd. i'm afraid of driving, i'm afraid of getting sick away from home, i'm afraid something bad will happen. and sometimes i can't really identify it- i just can't go out.

and sometimes its nothing more than I'm tired or the weather is bad.

so this is some of why it happens to me.

what do you think it is for you? any ideas at all?

I was always an active person. Now I sleep three times a day and don't do anything. I don't go anywhere anymore. Thanks to "psychomotor retardation" from meds. I'm like scizophrenia patients sitting in place in one spot all day. I don't think lay people realize the effect from multiple meds. I'm not sure if this is might be what is happening with you.

it really could be any of the above.

what do you think it is for you? any ideas at all?

Well I know part of it is that I just lost my job. 3rd failed attempt at employment since I have been in this town for 2 years. I had a great career before I moved here - and it is completely gone. I also seem to have little ambition as to what to do with the next 30 or so years of my work life.

I don't think it is so much my anxiety as much as I just feel comfortable in my home (even with the overabundance of stuff) and I can control my surroundings here. Actually almost all of my panic attacks happen at home - so I don't think that is the issue.

I have been sleeping a lot more - but I was under so much stress at the last job I am chalking it up to that.

I just hate feeling like this. I am usually a very outgoing person who most people think is up for anything. Little do they know how much I often have to talk myself into going certain places. And when that happens I just get so mad at myself for letting it get to me.

I guess it all boils down to the fact I used to make sense - and as I have gotten older - I make less and less sense.

I often don't want to leave my house. I go to work mostly. Sometimes I go out for an activity or 2 on a weekend day but then I stay home the other day. I feel safe at home. And I'm in a pretty good space for me right now. Of course, work is very stressful at the moment so I just want to come home and rest.

Oreo

I often don't want to leave my house. I go to work mostly. Sometimes I go out for an activity or 2 on a weekend day but then I stay home the other day. I feel safe at home. And I'm in a pretty good space for me right now. Of course, work is very stressful at the moment so I just want to come home and rest.

Oreo

Thanks - life in general is stressful right now. Between fighting among the children, a dad being diagnosed with cancer, another dad (we don't seem to have a board for "this is your life") who has had so many strokes he cannot walk. Oh yeah - and being unemployed. So much fun.

Today was a bit better. I did not go out - but I did do a few things around the house and applied to a bunch of jobs. I guess just one day at a time and don't be so hard on myself when I don't want to go anywhere.

• 1 year later...
Guest Hbr1978

I get in the mood where I don't feel like going outside a lot. No fear of anything I just think it might be part of some kind of depression every once in a while. I get spurts where I'm very active and want to do yard work etc. and then other times I just want to hibernate inside. I have a lot of stress with kids and my father has just been diagnosed with cancer as well. I think my head shuts me down to preserve itself through stress a lot of the time.

I will only go certain places. I go out nearly every weekday to my favorite cafe. Sit at the same table, in the same seat, with the same people, drinking the same thing, every weekday. It's habit, so it's safe. Now if someone asked me to do something different, like go somewhere else, I wouldn't go and if my table wasn't available I'd probably have a panic attack. Other than that I don't go out a whole lot. I go to the same stores and go at times when there will be less people. I just don't like going out, especially anything unfamiliar, who knows what could happen.

I don't like leaving th house either, though I think this is part of the social phobia/body image weirdness I have going on, but I usually don't want to leave the house. It's har enough to play outside iwth my daughter, being afraid of bugs and dirt and fucking sidewalk chalk and everything. It's fun. I hate the great outdoors as well. Brings dirt back into my house. We still go, doesn't mean it doesn't make me all itchy and dirty .

Somedays I leave even if I know I'll panic. Just something I have to fucking do.

Anyway, I don't have OCD, I think this is part of my GAD, but I'm not sure. It sucks though. But yeah, I don't like leaving or having people over, but I have to have people over. For me it's usually a social/GAD problem. If I had OCD, I'd probably wonder if it were that too though.

I also don't leave the apartment too often. And almost NEVER when I'm alone. I used to be able to but my GAD has gotten worse for some reason. I used to be able to drive too. I used to be able to go to college. I used to be able to work. I used to be able to do a lot of things that I can no longer do. Sad, really.

Archived