CrazyBoards.org

Ok ive tried Seroquel and Abilify and yes I know I need to talk to my pdoc further about what they want me to try next.

But I want to know from people who have been/are going through the same symptoms, if there has been a med that has actually helped there symptoms at all.

The main symptoms that are driving me batty right now are as follows:

I feel that my dead aunt and mother are always here and can read my thoughts. I am always changing my thoughts and actions and what I am saying, as I feel they disapprove. I dont know what I fear they will do if I do something they dont like, but I know it wont be good. Actually it can be anything from my ADH/Aspergers son having a meltdown and particularly bad day at school, to something severe like my husband being in a car crash. I know that this is all stupid and not possible, but I cant make it stop. I dont think they are controlling me directly, but they are controling me through my delusions and paranoia of the thought that they can read my thoughts & by doing so, I change my thoughts/actions to suit what I think "they" want.

I also feel that everyone talks about me and is conspiring against me. This is everyone, from my husband to random people that I have never even spoken to at my sons school. This is causing me huge emotional stress and I dont want to leave the house or see/speak to anyone.

Paranoia - along with the above, im paranoid about everything in general. I feel as though I have some life threatening illness that no one will beleive me about and that im going to die within the next year or so, if not sooner. I feel that my husband is going to leave me, im petrified that something terrible is going to happen to my husband or kids. There are a stack of other things im paranoid about too.

Im also starting to see a few glimpses of "spirits". Out of the corner of my eye I see a dark shadow and when I turn, its gone. It scares me at the time and I just try to convince myself that its my eyes playing tricks on me.

There is alot more, but well this gives you an idea of the symptoms im getting. I am functional, I have 2 kids and im able to force myself to meet their needs etc.

So has anyone else had symtoms to this extent, or worse and sucessfully found a med that has actually made these things go away?

Im starting to lose the ability to cope with the stress of these anymore and losing hope that anything will work. Seroquel did nothing and neither did Abilify, aside from the unbearable restlessness.

I get thought insertion from the government and aliens but meds have done nothing to stop it. There have been times where the thought insertion stops for a few months and it looks like the pills are working but either they stop working out of the blue or I get the bad side effects and need to stop the pills.

Hi,

to a certain extent i agree with senatorcarl regarding spirits. a "i see dead people" thing. I dont think one has to be "crazy" to have this experience. but then again....im crazy.

why do you think your dead aunt & mom are disapproving of your actions or thoughts? this might be good to discuss with a tdoc...maybe there are unresolved issues or feelings. im just guessing.

peace out-

db

Well I suffer from thought broadcasting, thought insertion, believing people know my movements and thoughts without seeing me. Ive been on all the AAPs and none of them did jack for it and I am currently on 25mgs of the big Z (Zyprexa/Olanzapine) and I might as well be taking candy for all the good it's doing me. The only option I have left is Clozapine but I will likely remain on Z for years as med changes are very traumatic for me and I get very very disturbed and at least with 25mgs of Z I can function despite the nightmares of a damaged brain.

blackbird x

Damn, I was really hoping to hear that some AAP's actually worked.

As for the whole I see dead people type thing, yeah but no. I know that they are delusions. I have had times in my life where I have believed in spirits and all that kind of stuff, but this is so different. I never had them controlling my thoughts etc. I dont believe in spirits etc anymore and I know what im experiencing is delusional and part of psychosis.

I do need to see a tdoc yeah and I have no idea why I think they are dissapproving of my thoughts or actions, which makes it even wierder :S

Thanks for the replies.

Damn, I was really hoping to hear that some AAP's actually worked.

They do.

However, for ANY psych med there will be people for whom it is of no use. Out of the people who do have relief from symptoms, there are a portion for whom the dosage to obtain complete relief would be too high to tolerate because of other effects from the medication or how it interacts with other medications.

With the APs that can mean living with some of the symptoms on an atypical, or switching to an older "major tranquilizer" medication.

I do need to see a tdoc yeah and I have no idea why I think they are dissapproving of my thoughts or actions, which makes it even wierder

If the delusions are coming from your subconscious mind demanding you pay attention to something, that's a sound strategy. With a therapist you can maybe learn how to work with or around the muck being churned up. Otherwise, if it turns out that they're just mental noise coming from your illness, medicate them into submission if you can. No matter how real these things appear to be, you don't owe them anything.

There are many antipsychotic drugs, and they DO work. Now, not every drug works for every person.

Unfortunately given the severity of psychosis, and the state of the art with medicines, there is no guarantee that every person will be totally relieved of hallucinations and delusions.

I discussed this specific question with my pdoc 2 months ago, because it comes up so often here on the board. She stressed the importance of:

- Continue to take your meds

- Be honest with your pdoc and tell him when you are having delusions/hallucinations

- Work with your pdoc/therapist to learn to recognize these unreal thoughts and learn how to cope with them and not let them control or upset you

Take hope that in time we will have better medicines.

best, a.m.

Guest Guest_lathern_*

Take this as a fact. Not a guess or opinion or a maybe. I have see the voices and delusions go away in a person who spent most of his time sitting and talking to himself. He has not regained the mental state he had before the illness struck him at about age 40. You would think that if the voices went away he would be like a person without the illness but no,it is more than that. The disorganized thinking, the lack of logic and just common sense. What do I mean? Well even thought the medicine took away the voices, he stopped taking the medicine. Why? Nobody knows. For more info on this subject try to read some of the stuff on internet about how doctors diagnose the illness. It is mind bending with the talk of positive and negative symptoms that don't mean positive and negative in any language but by persisting you can understand it. Incidentally Ziprexa. 10mg dissolved in the mouth twice a day took the voices away for him. And again he is no candidate for a A Beautiful Mind 11.

Good luck.

Ok ive tried Seroquel and Abilify and yes I know I need to talk to my pdoc further about what they want me to try next.

But I want to know from people who have been/are going through the same symptoms, if there has been a med that has actually helped there symptoms at all.

The main symptoms that are driving me batty right now are as follows:

I feel that my dead aunt and mother are always here and can read my thoughts. I am always changing my thoughts and actions and what I am saying, as I feel they disapprove. I dont know what I fear they will do if I do something they dont like, but I know it wont be good. Actually it can be anything from my ADH/Aspergers son having a meltdown and particularly bad day at school, to something severe like my husband being in a car crash. I know that this is all stupid and not possible, but I cant make it stop. I dont think they are controlling me directly, but they are controling me through my delusions and paranoia of the thought that they can read my thoughts & by doing so, I change my thoughts/actions to suit what I think "they" want.

I also feel that everyone talks about me and is conspiring against me. This is everyone, from my husband to random people that I have never even spoken to at my sons school. This is causing me huge emotional stress and I dont want to leave the house or see/speak to anyone.

Paranoia - along with the above, im paranoid about everything in general. I feel as though I have some life threatening illness that no one will beleive me about and that im going to die within the next year or so, if not sooner. I feel that my husband is going to leave me, im petrified that something terrible is going to happen to my husband or kids. There are a stack of other things im paranoid about too.

Im also starting to see a few glimpses of "spirits". Out of the corner of my eye I see a dark shadow and when I turn, its gone. It scares me at the time and I just try to convince myself that its my eyes playing tricks on me.

There is alot more, but well this gives you an idea of the symptoms im getting. I am functional, I have 2 kids and im able to force myself to meet their needs etc.

So has anyone else had symtoms to this extent, or worse and sucessfully found a med that has actually made these things go away?

Im starting to lose the ability to cope with the stress of these anymore and losing hope that anything will work. Seroquel did nothing and neither did Abilify, aside from the unbearable restlessness.

Archived