CrazyBoards.org

Seroquel Veterans, Need Some Input Please!

Unfortunately, I am going to ask the same old questions, but for very serious reasons:

Should I expect weight gain and/or mad carb cravings at this change?

and

What level of drowsiness should I expect?

I am a recovering anorexic/bulimic yada yada and have had MAJOR issues nearing relapse lately and I'm very concerned. Should I get a lock box to prevent night binges of peanut butter and ice cream sandwiches? LOL (although, really, I'm not joking)

and

I have to pre plan when to take the med and such - timing is key for me; I am on an ASSLOAD of medications. ASSLOAD. So, input about being the walking dead is much appreciated.

Okay. I'll check back later!

Thanks SOOO Much!

Unfortunately, I am going to ask the same old questions, but for very serious reasons:

and

I am a recovering anorexic/bulimic yada yada and have had MAJOR issues nearing relapse lately and I'm very concerned. Should I get a lock box to prevent night binges of peanut butter and ice cream sandwiches? LOL (although, really, I'm not joking)

and

I have to pre plan when to take the med and such - timing is key for me; I am on an ASSLOAD of medications. ASSLOAD. So, input about being the walking dead is much appreciated.

Thanks SOOO Much!

I have been taking a high dose of seroquel xr. I am currently trying to lower it. It is very sedating and yes, gives you the munchies like nothing I've ever tried before. I keep pretzels around and snack on them at night, which is when I take the Seroquel, to help me fall asleep. Unfortunately, 600 mg xr is too much and I am way too tired during the day to keep taking it at that level. Excessive sleeping and tiredness is going to wreck my marriage if I am not careful, at least that is the way I see it.

My weight was always stable,

within 2-3 lbs of 205 lbs

that was pre-treatment.

I lost 10 lbs,wanting to die.

Another 5?

Why,no clue.

when at my current or prescribed

dose,I started getting up at

night and eating,not just a

Snack,a meal.

I'm now over the original 205lbs

I started with.

I have no set pattern

and eat whatever,

like the other night I ate

a pound of big shrimp (Oregon product)

with other stuff,

I ate wierd stuff all weight producing.

I was always the one

who at family dinners who actually ate,

I eat good,lots of green weeds,

most everthhing raw.

Time to go back to trudging the hill to the beach

up hill,OK,down hill kills my knees,

Do I think it is all seroquel,no,

but likely half my problem,

difficult to get moving

when you feel like you are in wet cement,

I got no excuses for not getting excercise.

Don't know if this helps or not

Stasis

and

and

Thanks SOOO Much!

Some people report having food cravings on Seroquel, but some people don't have a problem with it. Since you're recovering from an eating disorder, I think it's important that you learn how to manage the food cravings if you do get them. It might help to keep binge foods out of your house while you're adjusting to the new dose. And yes, it will make you sedated as anything. Walking dead, absolutely.

By the way, I've recovered from anorexia/bulimia. I have lots of tips on how I recovered, if you want to PM me. - MG

and

and

Thanks SOOO Much!

I have been taking a high dose of seroquel xr. I am currently trying to lower it. It is very sedating and yes, gives you the munchies like nothing I've ever tried before. I keep pretzels around and snack on them at night, which is when I take the Seroquel, to help me fall asleep. Unfortunately, 600 mg xr is too much and I am way too tired during the day to keep taking it at that level. Excessive sleeping and tiredness is going to wreck my marriage if I am not careful, at least that is the way I see it.

Thanks - I'm going to approach the targeted daily dose rate slowly. 50 - 100 mg by itself seems to be okay. With my other meds, I wake up crazy munchy! Now I know!

My weight was always stable,

within 2-3 lbs of 205 lbs

that was pre-treatment.

I lost 10 lbs,wanting to die.

Another 5?

Why,no clue.

when at my current or prescribed

dose,I started getting up at

night and eating,not just a

Snack,a meal.

I'm now over the original 205lbs

I started with.I

have no set pattern

and eat whatever,

like the other night I ate

a pound of big shrimp (Oregon product)

with other stuff,

I ate wierd stuff all weight producing.

I was always the one

who at family dinners who actually ate,

I eat good,lots of green weeds,

most everthhing raw.

Time to go back to trudging the hill to the beach

up hill,OK,down hill kills my knees,

Do I think it is all seroquel,no,

but likely half my problem,

difficult to get moving

when you feel like you are in wet cement,

I got no excuses for not getting excercise.

Don't know if this helps or not

Stasis

I remained the same *desired* weight through many meds, plus or minus a few pounds. That is, until I started taking Lyrica about six months ago for neuropathic pain.

I have put on 10-12 lbs and it's KILLING ME! My energy levels get zapped and sleep deprivation ensues, from a variety of reasons.

I too, feel like not getting exercise, is doing me a great disservice. Although it's admittedly hard with the truckload of meds I'm on, though better when sleep is stable (and when was that?)

What scares me most is the first bolded statement in your post. I could see me doing that. Thanks for replying....

I take 150 mg. a day and I actually lost 34 pounds. I gained a few back because I've had sweets in the house. As long as I keep the sweets away, I don't have too many problems. I am also on a weird restricted diet. No fatty foods, greasy, starchy, spicy, no lettuce, seeds, nuts, berries, or red meat. Not too much processed food. I am on this diet for chronic unexplained nausea, so I wouldn't recommend it because I have to take a multi-vit. to make sure i get nutrition. But I pretty much have to stick to my diet because if i don't i get sick. But maybe if you saw a nutritionist, which in your case historykseemsa like a good idea.

Victoria,

I should have

put it as,inappropriate

Hours to be eating,

what were full meals.

I have this 0300 problem,

if I'm not flipped out of bed,

with the various NOSs,

I am wide awake,

and hungry,

Like I mentioned,

I have no set schedule

I may not sleep for a week,

or sleep for 30 hours undisturbed.

I guess this is revenge

for being able to eat and

not gain weight,

unless it was muscle mass,

now I got loose 501s,

tight 501s

and now unwearably

tight 501s,.

I now have 45lbs on my twin brother,

time for some discipline ;)

Stasis

I take 150 mg. a day and I actually lost 34 pounds. I gained a few back because I've had sweets in the house. As long as I keep the sweets away, I don't have too many problems. I am also on a weird restricted diet. No fatty foods, greasy, starchy, spicy, no lettuce, seeds, nuts, berries, or red meat. Not too much processed food. I am on this diet for chronic unexplained nausea, so I wouldn't recommend it because I have to take a multi-vit. to make sure i get nutrition. But I pretty much have to stick to my diet because if i don't i get sick. But maybe if you saw a nutritionist, which in your case historykseemsa like a good idea.

Not to make fun AT ALL, but would certainly like to have a case of chronic unexplained nausea for a short stint - to get the ball rolling, so to speak! ;) j/k

Oh, I am going to be seeing a nutrionist next Friday, so who knows!

Thanks for the response. I hope you feel better soon!

MG - I haven't forgotten to write back, I just haven't been home. :notlikingitonebit:

Stasis - Funny blog!

and

and

Thanks SOOO Much!

I had terrible carb cravings on this drug and could not get to sleep unless I binged on bread.

I had an arrythmetic heartbeat when I nodded off to sleep.

This drug caused a bad jingle in my brain like chemical pollution.

I had a hell of a time with insomnia when I tried to get off this drug.

I tried Seroquel a while back and had heart issues. I guess it was like a massive panic attack an hour after I took it.

I gave Seroquel another shot and I now take 400mg. I don't have any cravings to over-eat but I only eat cereal and peanut butter sandwiches. Normal food just doesn't appeal to me. It has worked wonders for anxiety and general mental craziness. The problem is I'm not motivated at all anymore. I just want to veg out in front of the computer. Of course, this could be depression. In general it has been a life saver though.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I think it is a personal thing with AAPs and weight gain. 5mg of Zyprexa turned me into a balloon who couldn't get out of the fridge. I gained 50 pounds.

Now i am on 1400mgs of seroquel (i know that's a lot!!), and my weight is stable at a size 8.

I have learnt over my years with seroquel to stay away from sugar and refined carbs. If I have one slice of plain white bread, the whole loaf goes down after it ;)

I use the herbal powder 'stevia' in my drinks and cereal, and it is 50x sweeter than sugar with no calories. I think it has been a huge part of me not becoming a hippo on this much seroquel. So...hope that you aren't gaining weight on your med change.

Pamito (the ex-hippo)

Archived