CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
mrsloony

dinner plans and no phonecall by 6:15. WTF?

an old friend called a few nights ago to say she was going to be near where I live and wanted to have dinner tonight. she lives almost on the other side of the country- I haven't seen her in a really long time.

she was going to be staying with a friend of hers who lives about 1/2 hour from me.

we had this same plan a couple of years ago and she ended up cancelling. I've spent the last couple of days cleaning and getting "company ready". the whole time wondering why i was bothering because she'd probably cancel again. but i thought no i'll try to think positive.

so the house looks nice, i even put on some makeup.

and its 6:15 and I havn't heard from her. she didn't even give me her #. she just said the day she called that she'd call later.

so as i sit here getting annoyed i'm distracting by writing here.

uucchh i knew it.

Don't you hate it when people do that??? I hate it when people do that! :) Gah! That's so inconsiderate of them! I hate it, hate it, HATE IT when people don't even have the decency to call when they're going to be late - let alone when they're going to cancel. Jeez, does she think you have nothing better to do than sit around waiting for her??? That's so RUDE!!! I wish you had her number, I'd call her for you and bitch her out! Man, that gets on my nerves! People are so rude.

But, if nothing else, you can look at it this way, your house is cleaner now than it was before. ;)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

i hate it when people do that! that sucks!

But, if nothing else, you can look at it this way, your house is cleaner now than it was before. ;)

but at least this is true i suppose.

- rita

thanks- yeah I guess at least it created some motivation to clean. hubby was annoyed too because he came home early yesterday to mow the lawn.

and here it is about 10:00. still no call. as you guys say- grrrrrr.

she's always been super competative with me so I really wanted to show off my house, and show her my wedding album. ( because- oops she couldn't come for that either.)

I knew it , i knew it, i knew it.

UGH. I've had a bunch of people do that to me. It totally sucks!!! Any word from her? I'm sorry dawl =(

Well, I guess from now on you assume that she won't show up, and you can be pleasantly surprised when she does.

Rude behavior, to say the least....unless she has a really good excuse like the plane got diverted to Brazil and the dog ate her cellphone.

Write her off. This isn't a friend, in my book.

olga

I guess I would move her over to the 'aquaintance" category. In the future don't even attempt to schedule specific events or times with her. Make it more indefinite like "You are welcome to come by Tuesday afternoon" and then don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. Limit your preparation to a pot of coffee and a box of cookies. ;)

a.m.

I'm sorry. It annoys me so much when people do that. I mean, you get all ready and prepared to either go out or have company in your home, and then they cancel. But it is also one thing when they cancel last minute... that is very annoying, but never even calling at all? *That* is just unacceptable. I mean, I wonder sometimes where some of these people learned that it was okay to do this... manners, morals... I mean, really.

Not to mention the added factor you have of not seeing this person for an extremely long time. When I bitch about the canceling thing, I mean in general, no matter what... but when you haven't seen someone in a long time and you are staying so close to them? Come on! And then to leave them hanging like that! It is one thing to cancel a little in advance for, like, an extenuating circumstance, but... ugh. I'm sorry, but I'm sort of pissed off *for* you.

But I guess, as others have said, your house is cleaner, your lawn is mowed... it just makes it a happier place.

I have been screwed over by some friends recently and found some quotes that I think are kind of appropriate:

• "The only people you need in your life are the ones that need you in their's."
  • "There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future."

I'm sorry again about your friend. I know that no matter how you look at it, it still hurts...

Be well, hun...

Edited by Ophelia