CrazyBoards.org

ugh both of those songs elicit the same response from me.

this week everytime i hear flyleaf's "supernatural patience" i burst into tears. i had to take it out of my playlist.

- rita

Ah, it's the depression speaking, folks. I get a little misty-eyed at sad songs, but haven't done the sob-and-snot since WellbutrinXL came into my life.

Now, if you play a little Neal Diamond, I might cry........or throw up. heh

olga

it's exactly like being pregnant.

seriously.

when i was pregnant 17 years ago, i remember bursting into tears at songs, commercials, news clips.... and i was literally having the happiest, most mentally stable time of my life. as soon as the song went away or the commercial was over i'd stop bawling and go back to whatever like i had just sneezed or something (i got that used to it).

- rita(ish)

yeah just wanted to say I can definitely relate to umbrembrella girl. Its tough enough treading water when you're depressed without being triggered by sad songs and memories.

I myself have been in a pretty dark place and had med change. taking 90 cymbalta 20 mg lexpro600 lithium and 2mg clolazapam for bp and post tramatic stress.

my question is if this a normal dosage of drugs as I feel maybe I'm on too many meds yet still fell extremly depressed.

yeah just wanted to say I can definitely relate to umbrembrella girl. Its tough enough treading water when you're depressed without being triggered by sad songs and memories.

I myself have been in a pretty dark place and had med change. taking 90 cymbalta 20 mg lexpro600 lithium and 2mg clolazapam for bp and post tramatic stress.

my question is if this a normal dosage of drugs as I feel maybe I'm on too many meds yet still fell extremly depressed.

How long have you been taking your meds? I'm also on Cymbalta but that's the only med that we have in common. What I can say about Cymbalta is it took awhile before I started feeling not so depressed. My doctor told me that it could take up to 3mos before I would start feeling the drug's effect. I must say, before the drugs did take effect, I felt like I was in an emotional wave and it was tiring to be changing moods throughout the day but it did make me feel better eventually.

I can't cry but I come damn close when I hear "Landslide" from Smashing Pumkins. I think it's a good metaphor for how acute depression can come out of nowhere and attack. Although I'm sure not everybody agrees with that.

Any sad song gets a reaction but for some reason "Landslide" really speaks to me.

I can't cry but I come damn close when I hear "Landslide" from Smashing Pumkins. I think it's a good metaphor for how acute depression can come out of nowhere and attack. Although I'm sure not everybody agrees with that.

Any sad song gets a reaction but for some reason "Landslide" really speaks to me.

I believe that Landslide is about Corgan's depressions, prolly why it speaks to you ;)

No, I'm not trying to be emo. I just recently heard Live With Me by Portishead again and I couldn't stop crying. Please tell me I'm not the only one who spontaneously chokes on snot and tears when a random song is heard.

Whitney Houston singing "I Will Always Love You" jerks the tears out of me, and when Dolly Parton sings the same song I become a blubbering mass. This on top of 450mg of Wellbutrin XL a day...

Lee Greenwood's "God Bless The USA" puts tears in my eyes as well, but for a good reason... ;)

I always tear up when I hear Adam's Song from Blink 182...

Me too!!!

I was going thru a relative dying and I was suicidal myself, and I just kept playing that song over and over again. When I hear it, it takes me back to all that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Leopardmadcat_*

Show Me The Meaning (Of Being Lonely) - Backstreet Boys

Nails me right in the heart every time...

No, I'm not trying to be emo. I just recently heard Live With Me by Portishead again and I couldn't stop crying. Please tell me I'm not the only one who spontaneously chokes on snot and tears when a random song is heard.

;)

Hi Miss Beatric,

Good topic!

"I'm the only one" by Melissa Etheredge does it for me. I don't know why.

Curious,

Sunshine Outside

I always tear up when I hear Adam's Song from Blink 182...

That was one of the first songs I thought of when I saw this topic. That song really does make me very sad. This is probably because I can relate to it so well.

Another is Alkaline Trio's You're Dead. It reminds me of when one of my pets died. I can't even listen to it anymore.

Also Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here makes me sad as well. A lady came to speak at my high school years ago to talk about her daughter who died from heroin. The last time she saw her that song was on in the car and the daughter said if she ever died to play it at her funeral. Then when she got out of the car she left the tape. The mother never saw her again. So I can't listen to it either.

Archived