CrazyBoards.org

i am not saying this to freak anyone out or to have someone call 911 on me. i am just looking for some advice. i am going into crisis mode to to anxiety, depression and stress causing a major melt down. i have been having occasional thoughts of hurting myself and i am wondering if i should wait for this to pass or if i should just go check myself in somewhere.

any advice would be wonderful.

If you do nothing and it passes, fine.

If it doesn't...not good.

In my experience, these things don't 'fix' themselves.

My opinion only - get yourself to ER. Please.

And come back when you can and check in with an update, ok?

Hospitals are made for crises. If you start spinning out of control and can't keep yourself safe, this is the only option. What kind of doctor's care are you under? At the very least you should call them and see what they say.

No one's going to freak here or call 911 on you. We are going to give you our honest opinions on what we feel is best for you in our experiences.

Definitely check back in!

I think it's a question of how much power those thoughts of hurting yourself have. If they're just thoughts, maybe that's ok. If you feel that the thoughts are compelling, you can't get away from them, or that you're going to have to do something, by all means check yourself in someplace.

However, if you are really low and can't see your way out of it, it may be worth getting some help anyway. At least call your tdoc. Your tdoc probably has better perspective on this.

If there's someone in your life who you feel close to and trust, you may also want to talk about this with them. It might even make you feel a little better. At least if they know how to listen.

well, i have a lot of issues. i have been a sever depressive since i was in high school. that's also when i started cutting. i am now 30 just to clarify how long this has been going on. the cutting subsided for quite some time, but since about last october i started cutting again. and now my cutting is getting really deep and i don't care how much i bleed most of the time. i also have major panic attacks, migraines and am agoraphobic, so i think i am teetering on the edge right now.

i am still contemplating going to a crisis center. nothing bad has happened yet.

You're on medication, but are you seeing a tdoc? You should start if you haven't.

I would go to the crisis center, but that's just me. Better safe than sorry.

;) I am the same way. I almost always have these feelings, but don't act on them. I have a good support system and a great Dr. so I am pretty safe. Having said that, if these feelings don't go away, you should call your Dr. and tell him/her what's going on and see what they say. Nine times out of ten they will tell you to come in or go to a crisis center. Take care and check back in when you can, OK?

i am going to see my doc on wed. i think i am dealing with a personality disorder.

Hope you'll be okay till Wed! You mentioned in opening post that you're having a meltdown. If you "don't care how deep" the cut is, that sounds pretty major. You could do some permanent damage that way (like cutting a nerve).

Maybe just call a crisis center to talk to someone.

Try this to start: http://suicidehotlines.com/ It has help lines listed by state.

I just had a meltdown myself earlier this month and did the whole e.r. room bit.

You could try to call an emergency room and ask where a mental health urgent care center is located. There is less drama with mental health centers. Far less beeping machines.

Archived