CrazyBoards.org

I've been having a bad asthma flare up since last night. I've been hot and sweaty despite the fans being on and it being 50 degrees outside, shaking badly. I had to sit upright to sleep, because I start choknig and having upper airway problems when I lay down. I've been using my Xopenx every four hours. I don't think my GP has morning hours on Wednesday and I can't get in until tomorrow. Going to the ER is not an option. Is there anything I can do to get relief? ;)

Make sure you are well hydrated. Have some water.

A bit of time in a steamy shower may help.

The caffeine in coffee or tea is a stimulant and can help a bit in clearing the airways.

Sit backwards in a straight chair. put your elbows up on the back, keeping your back straight breathe slowly.

A 'doc in a box' urgent care facility is cheaper than the ER.

If you are coughing because of gunk in your chest, be sure to cough correctly. Cough twice in close succession. The first will loosen the phlegm and the second will help move it out.

Don't be pound foolish. Asthma is serious. Go to the ER if you need to.

best, a.m. "wheeze"

I'm still alive. I wound up in the ER after all, and then in my doctor's office today. He gave me Predisone and an antibotic, in addition to continue to do the Xopnenx every 4 hours. So I'll likely be up all night because it's been flaring up badly again. If it's still bad tomorrow, I'll be going to the urgent care centre as I'm not going back to the ER unless I'm like falling over dying. (My mom works and i won't be able to get in sameday - but I have a ride)

Archived