CrazyBoards.org

Chocolate!

Guest Maxie

Guest Maxie

I had migraines for most of my adult life.... One guy I worked with had them worse than I ever imagined possible. I used to have to lie him down on the office floor and watch out for him sometimes.... I was the lab supervisor so I could do that for the guy... he had MD's in the family and knew more about migraines than all the frigging doctors put together... He told me the first thing I should do was to eliminate chocolate, red wine, cheese and something else, maybe it was mushrooms, I can't recall... from my diet. I started with chocolate and never had a migraine since. They ceased abruptly.... you can't find much on the internet about chocolate allergy, the industry fights it with bogus research projects [try to contact one of those researchers, the email is always broken] but I mention it to everybody I can just as my own informal research and guess what, I have found a few others that had abrupt cessation of migraines when they quit chocolate, one worked at See's Candies!! So I am taking this opportunity to inform people of this situation and to shoot the mother frigging chocolate industry right between the eyes at the same time, they caused me decades of misery and disability as far as I am concerned and I want payback right out of their hide if I can get it... [ok, I've NPD and I have fantasies about power, get over it ;) ]

Try eliminating those items listed and others you can find one at a time and see if the headaches stop or frequency/pain/duration reduces.... the headaches happen days after ingesting chocolate for me, thus the inability to connect them with the problem. The first thing that happens is after eating chocolate I feel sort of queasy and light headed, that may be a clue for you because it always happens within a half hour of eating the stuff... with the red wine I could have a horribly splitting headache before even finishing the drinking bout, the cheeses don't seem to do much to me, it's not all kinds, just certain ones... all the substances that cause this have some kind of oil in them, sorry if I can't be more technical but there just doesn't seem to be information available or there was not the last time I researched.....

I've also heard that chocolate can be a trigger for migraines for some people. How great that you were able to make the connection and save yourself from so much agony!

bummer that you won't have chocolate- but knowing the pain of migraines its a small enough sacrifice!

You hear all sorts of stuff- I've heard that caffeine can be a trigger, and i've also heard that caffeine can make you feel better if you get one. who knows? its probably different for everyone.

I was lucky too- that I was able to match the migraines to a med and as soon as I stopped, the headaches stopped too. I feel bad as I don't think most sufferers are as lucky.

Archived