CrazyBoards.org

4:30 A.M. and I can't sleep.

I went to bed at 2 and woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep. yesterday I slept for 10 hours and then took a 2 hour nap this morning. Since then I haven't been able to sleep very good if at all. I have been up and down the past few days. Saw my tdoc on thursday and I was up and down in her office the whole 2 hours! Happy then crying, happy then crying. And now I am restless and bored. I feel like I want to do something but don't know what I want to do. the kids are asleep and dh wants to get up at 5. So I guess I can make his breakfast before I wake him up. I haven't been up all night, or most of the night like this in a very long time. I guess I am just bored more than anything else right now.

Yeah, I am in Qatar so we are 7 hours ahead of EST. I can usually go with 5 hours sleep with maybe a nap later. This is the first time I have stayed up most of the night for a very long time. I don't know why either. It really sucks.

I feel for you... I have sleep issues myself. I'm working on getting my sleep cycle back in order, but I slip now and then. I was up until 4am this morning. Can't say much but will mention that you won't get much sleep surfing the net. ;)

:):);) tomorrow night i am going in for a sleep study. can't wait to finally get this problem addressed. last night i was up --miserable ---in my bed for hours--unable to sleep. around 4:30 i'm thinking i can't take another second of this crap. at that point i am thinking it is too late to take any kind of action. i'm in hell wishing i could be bumped up to purgatory. fell asleep and woke up several times until i got out of bed at 10:00am. i have worked diligently on my ptsd symptoms in emdr therapy for three years now. so we are looking into the possibility that i have a rem sleep disorder and maybe sleep apnea. if i stumble upon anything that helps me in any way i will be happy to share it here. good luck to you all.....

Have any of you had luck with trazodone? I've had pretty good luck with that. I can't get to sleep until really late (or early? 3 AM?) and trazodone seems to help me. It's an antidepressant with drowsiness as a side effect, and I take it for the side effect.

It's old and dirt cheap, too, which never hurts..

Archived