CrazyBoards.org

Got some shopping going on

I've been shopping a bit.

First of all, I've been buying books. Lots of books. I love Amazon.com. It's my favorite. Then I got a special promotional offer for the OneSpirit book club. Just what I needed.

I also have been buy clothes. I've lost about 66lbs since September, so there is a reason to buy some new clothes. Of course, I don't throw old clothes out or put anything away. My house is full of books, clothes, and empty boxes (because I shop on-line).

But the kicker is we are having budget cuts at work. I work for an agency that works with people with developmental disabilities. We're trying to put together a day program for a group of guys we support in a couple of the residential programs. But again, we have no money. So I decided to buy supplies, donate them, save the receipts, and then take the money off my taxes at the end of the year. That could be a little over the edge... ;)

So my stepsister just sent me a $100 gift certificate to Amazon for my birthday. It's all I can do not to shop. I haven't had time to read any of the books I've been buying. I only buy non-fiction, spirituality, health, etc. books. Then I spend all my time reading fiction books from the library. Go figure.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there. BTW, I have been seeing pdoc & tdoc. Stopped my Provigil completely, cutting my Effexor in half, and possibly going on Seroquel in a couple of weeks if needed. I complained about weight side effects & my my pdoc asked me if I'd rather crash, get depressed & go in-patient. Hopefully cutting the Effexor down will help.

This mood is really generated by my job. Lots of stress. Thought I might lose the job due to budget cuts, but no. They eliminated some administrative oversight and are adding more responsibilities to my job (and it is already a stressful and overworked job at times). And they want this day program up & running well by July 1st so we can cut day staffing... Blah, blah, blah.

I figure other people may be able to identify.

Oreo :)

I have had a few times of looking at the Amazon boxes stacked in my hall and thinking, "Uh-oh."

For fun (OK, I have a weird idea of 'fun'), look at "Your Account" and the dates of the order spikes. There's some interesting data in there.

I usually just have to unplug the computer.

More responsibility + less admin oversight... heh. Sounds like a recipe for unbridled creativity. Which is not always a good thing.

More responsibility + less admin oversight... heh. Sounds like a recipe for unbridled creativity. Which is not always a good thing.

I was telling my pdoc that I have been doing a GREAT job at work because I do have a tremendous amount of creativity and design new training and accountability systems. The administrative oversight we do have is very pleased with my work (so it is just not in my head that I'm doing a super job). Of course it is a small window of working at peak performance and tumbling over the side. By the way, my pdoc wasn't impressed. ;)

But yeah, you are right. Now is the time to have ideas and run with them, which can definitely wind me up.

If I were totally to tell on myself, I suppose I could show pdoc my order history at Amazon, but I'm not ready for that yet (and neither is he).

Oreo

Archived