CrazyBoards.org

3054220500.jpg

I somehow feel cheated--as if I'm supposed to be immune from the blow of depression and anxiety.

That's what I am right now. Sick. As loudly as my inner demons are trying to convince my brain that I'm weak and that I'm pathetic, I am trying to yell even louder that I have a brain disease, an illness called bipolar disorder, and it is going to act up at times, just as a diabetic has surges and drops of insulin. What's different this time from past bouts with this beast is that today I have hope, and I know this place is only temporary. A certain point the self defeating thoughts and sexual and physical abuse took me to the gates of hell and repeated episodes of committing suicide. sometimes these feeling s and thought of being mentally and psychologically traumatized attempt to take me hostage all over again. that usually happens when I forget I have no control on what other people do or say and I forget to pray and to find moments of quietness and prayer and i lose all focus on reality. And I become my own worst enemy because of how I am talking to myself mentally ,and the haunting of my past comes over. I forget that the past has no power over me , and nobody can hurt me anymore. I don't have to abuse myself for things I have done and that its ok for me to love myself. Its ok for me to ask for help and its ok for me to express what I'm feeling, what I'm thinking and to remember that there my thoughts that I choose to think. And to not be afraid of what people think and to just go through. That in going through it takes more courage. Yet allowing myself to express the frustration. That the best I can do is too not be foul to another human being , to knowing that I am exactly where ever it is I am that it is always passing...to not beat myself up... I really hold to the fact that with perseverance and staying close to strong people. There are people every day with disabilities that muster all their courage, with their head up and face to the sun and face life without being ashamed......what problems do I have ???? I may not be able to do anything about the cards I have been dealt but I am responsible for how I play them.....PEACE AND LOVE............. http://tracyannshively.blogspot.com

I Somehow Feel A Sense of Deja Vu.

TracyAnn, why are you double/triple posting your own words? You have a link to the same (unedited) text in your blog. It's odd, like a form of self-plagiarization. I'm glad you find value in putting your thoughts down in pixels, but I do not see the rationale for copying and pasting identical text to multiple places. Were I in search of such writings, I would, in fact Feel Cheated Of Original Effort On The Author's Part... Anyway. Cheated, you say. Of what, exactly? That kind of implies the belief that the universe is fair or just.

Oh. NOT cool.

I retract that "self-plagiarization" comment. That would be garden-variety plain plagiarization, and here's your source.

Grrrrr. Where I come from, lady, we don't cotton much to plagiarizers. We are all about the attribution. Think I'm overreacting? Plagiarize my work some time and find out just how serious I am.

Not only that Silver, if you look around a bit, you'll find that most of her entries belong to another author.

If you want to talk to us Tracy, by all means do, but don't insult those of us who know how to use a search engine. Use your own words.

Edit: Aw shucks, you beat me to it Silver...

Wow. As a writer and published author, I'm offended by your legally actionable plagiarism. As a member of these boards, I'm offended by your entirely transparent efforts to drive traffic to your blog, thus increasing your google ad sense income.

In fact, I'm so offended, I'm off to screen shot your blog and forward it to the original author (who, btw, is the one who should feel cheated).

While we're on the topic of plagiarism, I see that Tracy Ann has deleted my comment in her blog in the ironically titled post "I am who I am."

Tracy Ann, you haven't posted much on here at all. Since the majority of your text has been written by other people, I'd imagine it's very easy to handle all sorts of criticism of it.

In the again-ironically-named "Daring To Be Me!" post, I see that the text originates here. (It has not been improved upon.) I'm pretty sure Psychology Today frowns on plagiarism.

In the Bipolar and Me (or whomever) post, the text is verbatim from here. Without attribution.

And in your own "About Me" text block, the original can be found in this woman's story, with a few changes.

What's extra amusing to me: in your new post on Mean Spirited Comments - and my comments have not been mean, my dear, they have been clear, courteous, and disapproving - you have AGAIN stolen the text from someone else. (Is the twinkly "100% Bitch" graphic aimed at me? That's awesome! I always wanted to be a sparkly 100% bitch!)

Anyway, I'll be sending her a link to your post. You might want to read what she has to say about stolen content.

I am hoping that your intellectual fraudulence is just a manifestation of the impulsivity, poor judgment, and overwhelming need to share that some of us experience in hypo/mania. I have no idea.

Mania would be one possible explanation, but it would by no means be an excuse.

I eagerly await your next plagiarized post, if you're still a member...

ETA: Oops. Sorry. Missed one. The other half of the Dare To Be text is from this man's blog on the 9/7/06 post, complete with all the original errors.

EATA: links fixed when I broke them all by editing the first time ... and EATA for the one I missed.

Hi,

I feel cheated!!!

ive been attempting to have more open-mindness when reading what newbies write. but this crap is just ridiculous. and in your blog you claim that negativity creates more negativity. you are right!!

all of this crap you've been posting appears to be stolen - per other members that have done quite a bit of research. so that makes it negative.

why are you here? IN YOUR OWN WORDS PLEASE!!! (yes, emphasis on the capital letters). and then maybe people will be more welcoming, understanding, or even nice.

db

Are you fucking kidding me?

From your most recent blog entry:

Trolls. Flamers. Meanies. Vicious. Not Nice. Unkind. Rude. Inconsiderate. Nasty. Whining. Bitching. Moaning. Bastards.

Jesus H Christ! Even when your called out, you still steal from people.

[link=http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2006/03/20/mean-spirited-comments-and-blogging/" target="_blank]http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2006/03/20/me...s-and-blogging/[/link]

Word for word.

edited for grammar and clarity. Yes I know, it's a problem...

in your blog you claim that negativity creates more negativity. you are right!!

Actually, in her blog, someone else wrote that negativity creates more negativity. That would be Lorelle, as I recall.

eta: heh. xpost with ka-mai. sorry!

personally, I dont want her around at all. I have made it clear that posting links to blog etc.are unacceptable. She did it anyway and has been plagiarizing her ass off. To be perfectly open and honest we dont need that sort of trash.

Luna

:) I have spoken with her on PM and I don't think she realizes that she is doing it. She seems very hypo manic, but that's no excuse by any means. It's really mean and hurtful to take someone else's words as your own. I am now afraid she will look on my blog and take my work as well. In fact, I can almost guarantee that she has probably already stolen my words. UGH! That is so irritating!!!!!!! ;)

Monitor her work.

You can file a complaint with Google (blogspot/blogger) using this format. It needs to be in writing or faxed.

I let the original authors of the work discussed in here know about her blogspot blog already. Google does indeed follow up on these complaints, by the way.

As I said, mania's an explanation, but it's no excuse; even when our judgment's impaired, we are still culpable when we know the nature of our actions.

wow. *everything* she's posted is plagiarized?? that takes....balls bigger than i have. no, wait, mine are pretty big. that takes....major lack of ethics. sheesh.

you guys did a majorly cool job of researching her. i'm seriously impressed.

I think better than reporting her to blogger or the authors, even, would be to report her to Google AdSense. They aren't going to want to be advertising on a site with plagiarized material. She'll lose her "income" from all of our hits and, hopefully, her incentive to steal other people's work.

I am wondering how much of her being dx'd with bipolar is true.

I am not making excuses for her, but really how sick do you have to be to pull off what she has? This goes way beyond mental illness and quite frankly, I would rather be in my shoes. At least my illness is treatable.

Manic or not, this is no excuse for her behavior. I've been manic and done stupid things. I can understand that. She must think that because we are MI we are also stupid.

I am offended.

Archived