CrazyBoards.org

Manic: The movie

So, I just watched the movie Manic. Have you guys seen it? I thought the movie was outstanding, and I think I'm going to buy it.

The main character really reminded me of myself when I'm depressed though. It was creepy.

I thought they did a good job with all of the characters too. Each one was well developed and very realistic. (I worked in a psychiatric ward once upon a time) It had some pretty intense moments as well.

It's not a very popular movie, but it's pretty realistic overall. Of course, I doubt many psychiatrists are as crazy as Don Cheadle's character.

I've watched this movie a couple of dozen times l0l, i really do like it. I thought the acting was good and believable.

Although i still wonder where Chad got the knife from. You said you worked on a psych ward...i was wondering would they really put someone who has done stuff like Kenny did on the same ward with the other kids?

Cuz i always felt really bad because i couldn't imagine him wanting to talk about that stuff out in the group setting..

Although i still wonder where Chad got the knife from. You said you worked on a psych ward...i was wondering would they really put someone who has done stuff like Kenny did on the same ward with the other kids?

Yeah, it'd be really hard to get a hold of a knife in a psych ward. Where I worked, sharp objects were not permitted, and any necessary ones (i.e. for cooking) were always supervised or locked up.

I don't think it'd really be hard to share that kind of information in a group setting. Haven't you ever had a "deep conversation" with someone? Usually when someone shares something very personal, others reciprocate. As more people talk, it becomes even easier to talk about it.

I guess that's true about the deep conversation, i just don't think i would be able to tell people that i had "wandering hands" with little kids ya know?

Especially in their group setting in the movie, Mike was a dick.

Archived