CrazyBoards.org

sleep is so complicated

Ok, I'm having such issues with my sleep....

I was taking 400mg of seroquel at night and zolpimed if i needed, and i was sleeping farely well for the first time in my life! :)

Then i went back to class cause I'd taken a brake, and my scedual is quite frantic and doesn't allow me to get alot of sleep and need to be in top form mentally. The seroquel was making me too slow and was too groggy in the morning i actually fell asleep at the wheel, (it was super early and taking meds and not sleeping....not clever)

But anyway changed to abilify and kept up taking 50mg seroquel and 5mg zolpimed. And was ok, all though definately take more then 5mg zolpimed and started packing in more rivotril at night.

Not getting any sleep anymore tho. Now don't know whats the best option, doubled everything last to get some sleep.

Not keen on taking too much seroquel again casue i need to wake up in the morning aswell.

What can i take to sleep that won't last too long, or am i pushing for the stars here........... cause i need to get some sleep.

Oh, question two, whats the difference between Zolpimed and stilnox -Zolpidem and what the hell is zolpicone (sp)

Would really appreciate some help here!!! ;)

Luvies Ash

xox

Oh, question two, whats the difference between Zolpimed and stilnox -Zolpidem and what the hell is zolpicone

Zopimed (I'm not sure why you're calling it zolpimed - I've never heard of that...?) is another name for zopiclone. Stilnox is one of the brand names for Zolpidem.

In my past experience with both meds doctors see them as interchangeable - if zopimed isn't working, they switch to zolpidem and vice versa.

I'm sorry you're having such a ghastly time of it Ash - it's so debilitating to have poor sleep patterns.

Other things that have been given to me over the years are:

- amitryptiline, which is a tricyclic antidepressant and can help with sleep issues at low doses.

- lantanon, which is an AD that's been around forever. Again, it's prescribed at low levels for the drowsiness effect.

- molipaxin (known to US board members as trazodone)

I didn't have hangover effects with any of the above.

Over the counter remedies here are useless. I hate to be a nag, but you really need to grit your teeth and see your pdoc. (I know you don't want to, but you're already under a lot of stress, and you're heading for a crisis situation if you're not getting the rest you need.) Be absolutely clear that your schedule doesn't allow you to function with a monster seroquel hangover every morning. There ARE alternatives, such as the above - it's time he started exploring them rather than bombing you with a mega antipsychotic that your body can't cope with.

M xox

edit: I wonder if the rivotril is exacerbating the effect of the seroquel, because it's a heavy duty benzo. So it might work better with one of the less intense sleep aids mentioned above.

hey Miab,

Thanx so much for the advice, I'm back home for a bit, then i will grit my teeth and go pop in at the pdoc. Thrill!

But thanx so much.

I think I keep getting the names mixed up!!! Silly me!! it is zopimed and stilnox - zolpidem, they all sound so similar and i am really really dyslexic!! he he.

The only diference i notice is zopimed takes dreadful!! ick, and the pdoc said it is a better one and stronger?

I'll look into the others too!!!!!!

Lots of love

Ash xox

I know, zopimed leaves a really ghastly metallic taste in one's mouth - foul!

I hope you find something that works for you hon. I eventually got so habituated to stilnox that it wasn't doing a thing. That was some years ago, before the BP dx though. I graduated to 800mg of seroquel/night because nothing else will shut down my head.

The names ARE confusing, especially since there are so many generics for zolpidem. Zolnoxs, Zolpihexal, Adco-Zolpidem, blah blah.. bet they do it to confuse us.

love to you xo

few, i feel like im running around in circles!

Just really need to get some sleep tonight, and nothings working with out my taking too much of everything. sigh.

Freaking pdoc is at the other side of the country.

luvies

When do you come back south again? Have you thought of calling him? If he's even a halfway decent pdoc he'll listen to you and be prepared to fax through at least a temporary script to your nearest pharmacy. (I've been through this dozens of times with my own doc)

• 1 year later...
Guest heleen

few, i feel like im running around in circles!

Just really need to get some sleep tonight, and nothings working with out my taking too much of everything. sigh.

Freaking pdoc is at the other side of the country.

luvies

2 mg alprazolam (generic name) will bring almost anyone down for the count. it can not be taken long term or regularly because of addiction and other really bad effects. zolpidem tartrate is related closely to the benzodiazipine family ( of which alprazolam is a member). none of the prescription sleeping pills can be taken regularly or for long duration without running the risk of severe duress.

we that suffer from insomnia would all give a pound of flesh for a cure that didn't pose even worse risks than successive nights without sleep.

• 10 months later...
Guest Charlie Jackson

I am having a real problem, i am totally addicted to Zopimed. when i first started taking them i only needed 2. I am now taking up to 8 a day. Is there any other meds that could stop this addiction. I got some rivotril, but they make me very tired and aggressive. What can i do???

Archived