CrazyBoards.org

I know those with schizophrenia can go into catatonia umm... the one where you don't move. Catatonia something. [actually a couple different disorders can experience this] But is there partial catatonia, with retardation of movement?

If so, has anyone experienced this?

I know those with schizophrenia can go into catatonia umm... the one where you don't move. Catatonia something. [actually a couple different disorders can experience this] But is there partial catatonia, with retardation of movement?

If so, has anyone experienced this?

Like where your arms and legs are actively resisting movement (feels like full-body lockjaw), or where you have to concentrate to get them to move?

I get this all the time. Sometimes I have real catatonia and won't move at all and other times I have partial catatonia where I walk and move in slow motion. I mean impossibly slow. This is because the government and aliens are sometimes controlling my movements and I can't physically go faster even if I wanted to. When it was its most severe time last year, the psychologist and psychiatrist called it "catatonic walking." So, I guess there is such a thing as partial catatonia, but I'm not sure.

Archived