CrazyBoards.org

Hi there.

My name is Lane and I used to do quite a bit of methamphetamine. You know, crystal? Always in the news? Anyways it appears that my circadian rhythm is set so that about once a week, I stay awake for approximately 36-40 hours or so. Energy drinks help me to stay up - but I function so incredibly well in my state of sleep deprivation, its unreal....

What I am wondering is if the meth permanently changed my brain so that it functions so well in states of sleep deprivation.... seriously when I stay up like I do, I have a -great- day the second day.

Has anyone ever heard of this? A permanent change that affects your circadian rhythm? To stay up once a week?

Help? Its gotta be dangerous to my health I know.

Can't be permanent, because I finally came clean 15 years ago, and I'm okay. (well, "okay"'s debatable), but my rhythm is normal now.

Ha, they used to call it crank way back when... or was that a different recipe for meth?

Guest Guest_AlarmClock_*

Can't be permanent, because I finally came clean 15 years ago, and I'm okay. (well, "okay"'s debatable), but my rhythm is normal now.

Ha, they used to call it crank way back when... or was that a different recipe for meth?

I called it crank after a while - and man, different recipes?!?! that shit comes in a rainbow of -colors-! Blue shit, yellow shit, clear shit, white shit, brown shit, orange shit!

All shit!

Peace.

-L.

I used to do meth. I'd stay up for about a week then sleep then do it again. When I quit I slept almost constantly for like 2 weeks then slowly I started to sleep a bit less and have a bit more energy and it went back to normal, pretty much. I didn't experience what you are. I've been clean a few months now.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to use coke. I experience the same exact circadian rhythm weirdness.. but I'm on enough drugs that actually treat my problems for me to be able to maintain a constant cycle.

Archived