CrazyBoards.org

Hi there

Just a bit about little ol' me.

I've had depression and social anxiety (moderate to severe, depending on the situation) for maybe 20+ years. About 5 months ago I was put on Efexor (by a GP), and those last 5 months have made the past 20 years seem like halcyon days.

Mood swings like I've never known started up, and kept getting worse until I went back to the GP and pleaded to be put on something else. When I mentioned the mood swings, he referred me to a psychiatrist, who promptly diagnosed me as bipolar type II.

The psych stuck me on a stabilizer (epilim) and attempted to reduce my Efexor dose, which caused me to become suicidal. To make a long story shorter, I'm back to where I started with the Efexor, stopped taking the epilim cos it was giving me stomach aches, and back to the mood swings. Frankly, I feel like I've been fucked with a wire brush at the moment. I'm kinda hoping all that will change sometime soonish.

Over and out

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

GAWD that sucks! I hope they can find a decent cocktail for you and quick! There WILL be something out there for you, and you will get some relief. Hang in there. It can be a bumpy road at first. You'll make it through the train wreck that it seems like now. I totally feel your pain. I've been there. Stay safe. And good luck. Keep us posted.

hey dude,

welcome to the boards.

yes, your situation sounds shitty. but you're not alone cos a lot of us have had rough times with our cocktails. i was on effexor for about a year until a new doc took me off it. if you're diagnosed as bpii, i wonder why your gp bypassed lithium in favour of epilim (a drug about which i admittedly know nothing - also, it kind of sounds like it's something else backward, but 'milipe' doesn't sound a whole lot better).

it always helps to educate yourself about the meds you're being given. a great place for very informal info is www.crazymeds.us

keep working with your pdoc to get your cocktail to the point where it actually helps you!

good luck,

grouse.

Welcome to our little asylum. We are always happy to have new inmates. Please read the rules (upper left-hand corner of page) and PM any of hte mods if you have a question.

I hope you find some good information and support here.

olga

Archived