CrazyBoards.org

Bad/Sad Dreams (not nightmares or terrors)

Hi all. I haven't posted in awhile. I hope all is as good as it gets for all. I've been doing pretty good on my present cocktail except for the bad/sad dreams I have every night. They kind of get me down when I awake. Sort of a dream "Hangover". This can last for a good part of the morning. I just wish I knew what is causing this state. ;) Any ideas? I had this with Lamictal and the pdoc said to split the dose and that worked, that's why I'm posting here. Now I just don't know. Other then this I 'm doing good. :)

Thanx in advance.

Edd,

Lamictal gives me really vivid dreams, but not bad/sad ones. Usually they are just really interesting, even though I can't remember them in the morning. Usually if I get up to pee I want the dream to continue when I go back to bed, but unfortunately they usually won't. I guess this was pretty off topic for bad/sad dreams, but I just wanted to let you know your post is being read.

Tommy

Edd,

Lamictal gives me really vivid dreams, but not bad/sad ones. Usually they are just really interesting, even though I can't remember them in the morning. Usually if I get up to pee I want the dream to continue when I go back to bed, but unfortunately they usually won't. I guess this was pretty off topic for bad/sad dreams, but I just wanted to let you know your post is being read.

Tommy

Thanx Tommy! I know this isn't a huge problem, just a vexing one, yet I appreciate your kind words and caring to reply. I'm sure it will work out some how.

Edd

I've never had bad dreams with Lamictal, but it gave me awful night sweats when I titrated up. I was soaking in sweat, and I hate sweat to begin with.

Have you asked about taking all of the Lamictal in the morning?

If nothing else, do something that will put you in a good mood before you go to sleep. Good mood = good dreams.

I'm on lamictal now. 400mg. i find that lately i have been waking up, sweating, and horrified. I've been having really disturbing dreams.

generally my dreams are very colourful, detailed and interesting. these are still like that just more violent. If i am feeling depressed, particularly if i'm suicidal, or fearful, the dreams get worse. they make me feel paranoid because i'm not sure if what happens in the dreams will come true. usually when i wake up i feel sick and i'm afraid to go back to sleep in case the dream continues.

however i've been at this level of lamictal for a few months now i guess - so this is something new. I've also started tegretol, and pericyazine - so these might have some impact. mostly though, i think its mood.

so, yes, i also get bad/sad dreams. the hangover is bad. i find if i am more relaxed before i go to sleep, it kinda helps. otherwise i guess just reassuring myself in the morning that it was just a dream.

Archived