CrazyBoards.org

I was recently prescribed generic xanax xr 1mg to be taken everyday. My doctor wants me to try taking that for a while, instead of an anti-depressant for my anxiety disorder. Can anyone tell me if the fatigue goes away the longer I am on it? I have only been able to take it a couple of days at a time, due to the fatigue and lack of motivation. It really does help my anxiety, though! I just don't like feeling tired, which in turn makes me feel depressed. I called a pharmacist where I got it filled, and she said that is one side effect that will not go away, and maybe I am on too high of a dose.

benzos are sedating. some more than others. xanax is less sedating than most. as you get used to it, if you are supposed to and are taking it daily, it is common for people to get used to xanax and feel less tired. this is because your body habituates to it. if you are supposed to take it prn (as needed) it is likely that it will continue to be sedating.

Guest Guest_thelmalouise_*

benzos are sedating. some more than others. xanax is less sedating than most. as you get used to it, if you are supposed to and are taking it daily, it is common for people to get used to xanax and feel less tired. this is because your body habituates to it. if you are supposed to take it prn (as needed) it is likely that it will continue to be sedating.

Thank you for responding. I guess maybe that is why my doctor wanted me to take it everyday, so I would get used to it. I keep starting and stopping it every few days, due to the fatigue. I guess I just need to make myself stick it out and hope I get used to it. I actually don't get tired until quite a few hours after I take it, due to the slow release. About how long should it take? A couple of weeks or so?

Archived