CrazyBoards.org

I REALLY would like to remember what beer tastes like...

Guest HurricaneJessie

Okay, I've been on and off ACs for a few months now - currently on 300mg Lithium, 200mg Lamictal. I feel more stable than I have felt since my first manic episode in February. A bunch of my friends are going out tonight to a pub with every type of beer imaginable. I do not have a problem with alcohol. I haven't drank in 6 months, and I really miss the taste. I can do without being drunk...but...

Is it safe to nurse ONE beer for the night? Just one?

Okay, I've been on and off ACs for a few months now - currently on 300mg Lithium, 200mg Lamictal. I feel more stable than I have felt since my first manic episode in February. A bunch of my friends are going out tonight to a pub with every type of beer imaginable. I do not have a problem with alcohol. I haven't drank in 6 months, and I really miss the taste. I can do without being drunk...but...

Is it safe to nurse ONE beer for the night? Just one?

I know this feeling all too well...

it was really hot here last Saturday and I really wanted one glass of chilled rose. I called my pdoc and since I am not on any benzos really (except for sleep supposedly) it was okay with him. I would check with your pdoc, but I am on the same combo and there seems to be no issues with mixing alcohol. That being said, I don't think that getting drunk is a good idea. Nursing one is IMO. But call...

Guest HurricaneJessie

Update: I nursed one beer (Blue Moon, yum!), and all was well. I feel pretty good knowing that I am able to have a drink now.

Thanks!

Archived