CrazyBoards.org

Sometimes I wish I was addicted so it could explain how fucked up I am...

Oh, I think that's coming through pretty loud and clear.

This isn't a place to come and sing the praises of drugs. It's for those with addiction and abuse issues to get support and advice.

Don't do this again.

Sometimes I wish I was addicted so it could explain how fucked up I am...

Oh, I think that's coming through pretty loud and clear.

This isn't a place to come and sing the praises of drugs. It's for those with addiction and abuse issues to get support and advice.

Don't do this again.

no kidding.. I know that. Don't tell me "not to do this again." I'm not praising them. Loving them isn't something I can help.

no kidding.. I know that. Don't tell me "not to do this again." I'm not praising them. Loving them isn't something I can help.

I'll tell you whatever I damn well please.

Loving them isn't something I can help.

Yes, you can help it. We are all able to seek help and work towards freeing ourselves of addictions.

Here at CrazyBoards, we're all trying. We fail and fall down, and we get up again. But we don't glorify being high and we don't encourage it. If you need help, then go get help.

olga

I can't help but love them all.

Sometimes I wish I would stay addicted so it could explain how fucked up I am...

I understand where you're coming from. I love drugs too but it messes up my life so I have to leave them alone. But there are times when I couldn't stop myself, I dip a little. I used to use my addiction as an excuse to be rowdy, arrogant, tactless, violent, etc. Then I realized that I am only those things because of the drugs. I'm not as bad as I thought I was when I'm sober. I also used drugs to escape whatever ugly thing I was feeling. But still, drug addiction is something that is very hard to get over. I still have struggles but I guess I'm happy that on the average, I spend more days sober than high.

I still love drugs but you know, you can't go through your whole life high...

I loved drugs a little too much, too. I really was almost destroyed by my meth habit and I've quit that shit. I still do XTC (I'm a raver) but only occasionally, like once a month, rather than every weekend. I don't think one has to be completely clean and sober to be healthy.

Sometimes I wish I would stay addicted so it could explain how fucked up I am...
But what explains the addiction? Physical addiction is not the only issue here. There is also some heavy psychological addictions from using drugs to escape.

And I love drugs too - my meds.

I actually hate them. Seriously. I'll take my subscription migraine tablets only if the pain is unbearable. Otherwise I stick to OTC painkillers. The migraine tablets make me feel uncomfortably dosed. Also, I've tried pot only two or three times, and each time I hated it. I don't like being drunk either.

I can't help but love them all.

I AM an addict, and I was sad to read your sentence about wishing you would STAY addicted. I don't have a choice in the matter. I AM a drug addict. My choice is whether or not to arrest this disease or let it run amok and kill me.

Active addiction, in me, does create a number of persistent illusions and one of them is that I'm not actually a "real" addict. That is probably the most dangerous of all of them. It perverts the very core of my value and belief system.

If you are an addict, only you can make this determination. Other people will always be annoyed with the language you use. Don't focus on that, it is a very lethal red herring in the mind of an addict.

FWIW,

S9

I was a meth addict for over a decade. I don't mean I did it on weekends, I mean from sunup to sundown, day after day. Fucked up totally. Here I am in therapy 20 years, lamenting all the shit I did while strung out, and the life I missed, and how the addict is still within me. Not just meth, either, but this isn't about my history.

You're being immature and think you're cute by saying that. I smirk, because someday you'll grow up.

Archived