CrazyBoards.org

That is just it-- I've never experienced that with any other drug. But I've heard people talk about it with this particular drug and I'm having stuff like anxiety and I want to know if its getting there that is causing it and hopefully its not permenant.

It's not bad once you get to "magic dose." Titrating is a little weird. I was on Effexor when I was titrating, so fortunately I didn't have to deal with anxiety plus titration weirdness (I had tics when titrating! Eesh!).

I am no longer on Effexor, and I have found that Lamictal + the other drug I'm on doesn't help anxiety. I had anxiety before, and I think Effexor had been masking it very, very well.

I take clonazepam for anxiety now, and I'm finding it helpful. If you haven't already, you can talk to your pdoc about the anxiety and see if it's time to add something else.

Titration isn't fun. But it does get better. I haven't had any issues with Lamictal for a few months now.

Well consider yourself incredibly fortunate to never have side effects from meds. Perhaps you won't have any from Lamictal as well. There is nothing to be scared of, it's just another drug.

Using the Lamictal starter pack you usually increase dosages 25mg per week. But remember, there is never any race to increase meds, so if you have side effects that are too strong, slow down till they ease off.

Typical Lamictal SE: headaches, body/joint soreness, limb heaviness, dizziness, trouble finding words, agitation or volatile temper during the first month or two, visual disturbances with black spots or ghosts in the periphery of the vision. Most people find that the weekly schedule works pretty well.

Lamictal is a 'subtle' drug and takes weeks to slowly kick in. I could see weekly improvements over about 3 months. There is no direct connection between dosage and effect, each person is different. 50mg works for one person, and +400mg for another. Typical is 50-200mg.

Give it a whirl, it can be a great drug. a.m.

Well consider yourself incredibly fortunate to never have side effects from meds. Perhaps you won't have any from Lamictal as well. There is nothing to be scared of, it's just another drug.

Using the Lamictal starter pack you usually increase dosages 25mg per week. But remember, there is never any race to increase meds, so if you have side effects that are too strong, slow down till they ease off.

Typical Lamictal SE: headaches, body/joint soreness, limb heaviness, dizziness, trouble finding words, agitation or volatile temper during the first month or two, visual disturbances with black spots or ghosts in the periphery of the vision. Most people find that the weekly schedule works pretty well.

Lamictal is a 'subtle' drug and takes weeks to slowly kick in. I could see weekly improvements over about 3 months. There is no direct connection between dosage and effect, each person is different. 50mg works for one person, and +400mg for another. Typical is 50-200mg.

ETA: I didn't mean to say I've never had side effects from drugs-- far from it-- I've neve had a drug whee side effects were typical during triation but if you could wait it out, it would be ok.

HOT DAMN! BINGO! YAHTZEE! You just nailed it-- those are the side effects I'm having (through in anxiety for fun) at 100 milligrams which I just started. I'm supposed to stay here for a while though and see how it goes (month). I'm also on abilify (15 mg but I have a feeling that'll definitly be increaased as will the topamax which has done wonders for me). Thank you :-) The ghost thing was really freaking me out.

Guest Supergwen at sZandoz's

Do you have a standard speech about Lamictal? 'Cause I know I've heard "It's a subtle drug" and the rest before... Cut & paste??? ;)

Do you have a standard speech about Lamictal? 'Cause I know I've heard "It's a subtle drug" and the rest before... Cut & paste???

It's true though. The drug can be incredibly powerful, but the side effects are pretty benign. I've gotten muscle aches and headaches, but they're really transient.

I don't even notice if I change the dosing schedule.

well i think the standard speech is pretty good - good reason to make it standardized ;)

lamictal took ages to kick in for me. didnt notice much until i got to 200mg, and now i'm at 400mg, so it takes a while to find the right dose.

i dont think it helps with anxiety. apart from a few headaches, muscle aches and being tired - nothing much.

well i think the standard speech is pretty good - good reason to make it standardized ;)

lamictal took ages to kick in for me. didnt notice much until i got to 200mg, and now i'm at 400mg, so it takes a while to find the right dose.

i dont think it helps with anxiety. apart from a few headaches, muscle aches and being tired - nothing much.

I don't know what you man by stanard speech, sorry. As for anxiety,didn't help- its causing it LOL. Althought toda was a very good day.

sorry this:

well i think the standard speech is pretty good - good reason to make it standardized

was in reply to this:

Do you have a standard speech about Lamictal? 'Cause I know I've heard "It's a subtle drug" and the rest before... Cut & paste???

(its further up the page).

and yes, lamictal appears to cause anxiety rather than fix it. i kind of meant - it doesnt help it if you already have it. i feel more anxious now but less...out of control so, i put up with it.

its great that you had a good day today ;)

Archived