CrazyBoards.org

Xanax XR - Effective or Ineffective

it works great for me. the teva generic sucks so i go to a pharmacy that stocks the greenstone generic or shell out for brand.

for sme reason a lot of pdocs write patients the wrong dosage, and so get poor results. the dose should be the total # of mgs os xanax instant release you would take in a 12 hour period. so 3mg dosing isn't unusual, for instance, depending upon how high your regular xanax dose is.

i've been on xr for several years now and it works quite well.

It works fine for me, though I take very little (1/2 of a .5mg tablet). On occasion, I'll take an extra 1/4 if I feel anxious in the afternoon or evening. My pdoc said that it is splittable, although the pharmacist might tell me it wasn't. It's a non-coated tablet, and appears to be uniform inside.

I am in desperate need of an effective chill pill. I currently take Geodon and I'm looking to add a XR LONG LASTING benzo. I'm currently prescribed Xanax prn but I don't like the idea of poppoing a xanax every 2-3 hours. I suggested Xanax XR to my pdoc. She said that she hasn't gotten very good feedback about it from other patients and that it seems to be ineffective. Please give me your comments. Thank You.

tranxene or ativan... they're longer acting and very efficient. ativan is actually a super-potent short-acting benzo like xanax, but for me it seems to last a lot longer and not give the addictive euphoria that xanax is notorious for. tranxene is like valium, SLOW and Looooong-acting, but it doesn't put you to sleep or anything and has a half-life of 200+ hrs

(also, they are both generics and Xanax XR is going to be reeeally expensive)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it true that xanax xr can be split in half? I always thought that messed up the extended release version of it, and made it immediate release.

Penny and AirMarshall, do you take your xanax xr everyday? Does the fatigue go away? My doctor wants me to take one 1mg xanax xr everyday, but I have yet to be able to take it on a consistent basis because of the fatigue. According to my doctor, the fatigue should go away if I take it everyday and not on an as needed basis.

Archived