CrazyBoards.org

I wouldn't say weak, just... subtle. If it works for you at all, that is.

I didn't notice the positive effect it had on me untill I had to take a break from it. I haven't been on it for that long, so I don't know what it'll do for me in the long run or when the dose goes up (I'm on 15 mg too, going up and up).

For me, the weakness in Abilify mostly has to do with side effects ;), guess I got lucky.

Well, there's a good chance it just doesn't work for you. I'm sure quite a few people here would tell you it didn't work out for them. Are you still titrating?

Edit: Oh, and how long have you been on it? According to my doc, it could take up to one month (!) for the full effect to kick in.

From what I understand it isn't that strong. But for people who aren't severely psychotic it works well. It supposedly does not cause much if any weight gain. I don't know about the other side effects. Give it a try. Don't worry about who it worked for and who it didn't. It might just be perfect for you. Everyone is very different.

PS:I'm not a doctor, just sharing what I've known to be true.

so it doesn't work for you at 10mg?

Well, I'm under a great deal of stress right now, so having the visual hallucinations could be a partof that. but no, I don't think it's doing all it could be. I'll just have to wait to see what pdoc says this week.

Okay... so I guess, YMMV again. Hehehehe. It curbed the voices, finally. But I can't seem to sleep!!!!

What time of day do you take Abilify? If you take it in the evening that could be part of the reason. Abilify I've read is best taken in the morning because it can be activating.

I noticed insomnia on Abilify as well. When I take Abilify, I make sure to take it in the morning with my Lunesta at night. I don't know if sleeping medications are a good first choice but Lunesta works well for me.

Archived