CrazyBoards.org

i'm splodie

i've lived with bipolar disorder for 25 years and i think i'm starting to see the time approaching when i won't be able to work anymore. it's scary. i'm looking for something i can do but i don't know what will happen when i can't stay together enough to function.

it will be a bad thing, i think.

anyway, here i am. please don't throw things. i can't duck as well as i used to.

I worry about the same thing. I've been out of work months at a time on temporary disability & FMLA. I keep going back. I've had the same job since I was 18. It's been about 20 years minus the year & a half I took off for my first debilitating depression and to get sober. There has been about 3 other times I've been out for months at a time. Not to mention attendance problems for my 'minor' mood swings. But it is a human service company that can be very loyal to its employees. I also do a real good job when I'm on my game.

I feel for you. I don't know what other work I could do besides what I'm doing. My job is a high stress job, but I'm very suited to it except for the bipolar.

Good luck & welcome to CB,

Oreo ;)

Hi, splodie! Don't worry, we don't throw things.............much. heh Welcome to our little world, and feel free to check out all the forums and the blogs.

I hope you get the help and support you need.

olga

Archived