CrazyBoards.org

I always feel these things inside of me destroying my insides. It almost feels like bugs under my skin moving around. But it is the tiny machines the government implanted in me. The psychologist/ psychiatrist thinks it is a tactile hallucination. I think it is real. I want to cut them out so badly. It is very severe today for some odd reason. Almost the whole day non stop. I've been seeing things too but not that severe. So, does anyone have experiences with tactile hallucinations? What are they like and how do you stop them? Its been getting worse even though I take my meds everyday. The meds work for awhile and then suddenly stop out of the blue. It is because of my autism, according to this expert I went to, he said that meds react differently in a person with autism. I feel like I am going to die because of the gov and aliens. I do not want to go on Clozaril because to me it is a poison drug. It literally kills people. The aliens want me because I am special for them. The gov put these machines inside of me because as you have probably seen in other threads, I have been accused through thought insertion of a lot of bad things. Then I suddenly move like a robot and have no feelings and not aware of whats going on around me and I walk really slow. Almost as slow as my brother who is slower than a sloth. This is when the gov controls my movements as well and its hard to fight it off. I yell back at them and say, "stop controlling me!!!!" The good news is that my case worker said I am NOT psychotic unlike what the other doctors have said. To me that is good. I hope to God that is a tactile hallucination and not real but I think its real. But I want to know your experiences. Sometimes I even feel things in my brain that I supposedly have. Me have a brain? What's that? Hopefully I get responses.

i experience tactile hallucinations. i feel like bugs are crawling on me, usually across my face/on and up my nose, but sometimes it's my whole body. I find it extremely difficult to deal with, and haven't found a solution yet, because I keep forgetting to tell the dr. sometimes I find taking a shower helps, i don't know how useful a suggestion that would be for you. I would advise you not to cut yourself, because I think there's a better chance its hallucinations than it is tiny machines, and it would suck if you were wrong and hurt yourself for no reason.

I have tactile hallucinations too... they usually have to do with things shaking or vibrating. Almost everyday I feel my cellphone vibrating in my pocket when it's not. Or I feel the whole floor or ground shake, like an earth quake. I also feel my brain sometimes, but I tend to explain by "that part of my brain is thinking hard right now"...! I know it doesn't make sense.

I too have been told I am not psychotic, but that these are minor psychotic experiences.

This expert, did he mention any meds which might work out for you, Firebird? It sounds like you could really use some relief from all these experiences.

I've felt people tap my shoulder, and no one was there. The other week, someone smacked/grabbed my ass and pulled on my shirt, but no one was there. Felt someone cold as ice sitting on my lap, but no one was there.

The other week, I was laying in bed, hiding under my covers (haha) with this horrible terrified feeling, and then I felt someone gently/tenderly brush my cheek and my hair away. For some reason I *knew* it was a woman from the 1800s that did it. I could SEE her in my mind as it happened. haha. ....stupid brain.

So either ghosts are real, or these are tactile hallucinations.

I sincerely hope it's the latter. Ghosts freak me the hell out. (not that I'm convinced they exist. at all.)

I also get the phone vibrating in my pocket thing when there's no phone there like Graduation Day said. I think it's more mixed signals than anything else though in that case because it never happens when I'm alone and it's quiet, only when there's some sort of commotion around me.

sorry i didn't see this earlier.

i get tactile hallucinations - or rather that's what i call them, since i've never had them dx'd before. i feel an incredibly real hand placed on my lower back - i can also feel the temperature of the hand, too, papertrees... immediately afterwards i have a painful nerve/muscle spasm shooting upwards from the hallucination as well as a feeling of terror. i've had it wake me from a dead sleep. it takes me several minutes to convince myself that nobody touched me and there isn't anyone there. it is that real.

i have an overwhelming sensation at times that someone is pushing down on my throat and trying to block my esophagus. i would call this ptsd, but i also am convinced while it is happening that there is someone actually doing it and they're invisible to me, and that they're always there but i forget about it until they hurt me. to me that's more hallucination than memory.

i have a system member named shaley who has hallucinations of every kind. feeling bugs is common with her - but only specific ones, as others don't bother her. she feels a "black poison" that lives in us and grows bigger every year. she feels it burning in her veins and wants to tear them open to get the "black stuff" out. she feels the physical sensations of things she isn't experiencing - drowning when she isn't, on fire when she isn't, trapped when she isn't, i could go on. she feels death in things. (rusty looks after her. she doesn't come around alone, or much at all, because it's too painful to be exposed.)

i've felt a hand on my shoulder that made me jump out of my chair. i've been positive i can feel liquid dripping on my skin when there's nothing there (like i think i am bleeding but i am not - but i can feel it - if that makes sense).

how i interpret all these things varies depending on how depressed i am (or there's some correlation there somewhere). right now i'm depressed and kinda wondering what these things mean and why have we always felt them if they really aren't there. but mostly i believe they aren't there and they're just part of teh crazy. today.

i just say don't act on wanting to remove anything from your body or doing any kinda self-exploratory surgery there. i just think there probably isn't anything there. if i can take lsd and be utterly convinced that i can see molecules interacting with one another on a bathroom tile without a microscope - then i figure my brain can also trick me into thinking someone's touching me when there's no one there. you know?

- rita

Archived