CrazyBoards.org

Hi, I'm Sarah, and I like to bake pies. Cooking helps keep my mind away from other things (perhaps more pertinent)........but sometimes you just need that.

I was diagnosed bipolar I a couple of years ago and I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Currently I'm on Lexapro 5mg, Invega 9mg, and lithium 600mg, and while they're not working quite entirely correctly I am much better off than I was without meds, something I tried to pull off a couple of times and failed royally. I've been hospitalized several times, once fairly recently in February, and it's not something I care to repeat. Ever. I was also diagnosed BPD disorder a couple of years ago as well, but no one has followed up on this. My current tdoc and I are still attempting to figure out how that diagnosis came about so I consider it rather irrelevant.

Recently I've been accepted to university (for the 3rd time) so there will be some change in the near future because of that.

I'm glad to have stumbled upon crazyboards, and I've been reading for a good few months before I decided to make my debut this evening. Thank you all for being here, it's been really helpful these last few months.

I enrolled into the European Studies program, as I've already studied in Europe for 2 years and am interested in what the course has to offer. This selection could possibly and probably will change, but I'm a transfer and only have a year to make up my mind so I guess I better decide fast...

And I LOVE gooseberry pie!!!! but my favorite one to bake would probably have to be a chocolate pie. Today I made strawberry-vanilla. What sort of pies do you all like to eat/bake?

I like pies too, and sometimes I bake them. Recently I've made a sour cherry pie and a coconut custard pie. Did you see the movie "Waitress"? Its a very sweet movie with a pie theme.

Welcome to the loony bin! I enjoy baking myself. It's very therapeutic, isn't it? This weekend I'll be baking cinnamon raisin bread. Mmmmm. I am ex-American living in Sweden, and unfortunately the only way to get my beloved cinnamon swirl bread is to bake it myself.

I like pies too, and sometimes I bake them. Recently I've made a sour cherry pie and a coconut custard pie. Did you see the movie "Waitress"? Its a very sweet movie with a pie theme.

I saw Waitress and enjoyed it very much! I was impressed by how she could just invent pies on the spot that sounded good, 'cause it seems like every time I try to invent something while cooking it doesn't turn out or just sounds plain bad. I just made a coconut custard pie the other week too ;)

It's a tie between chocolate pie and apple pie! Some of my fondest memories are of making pies with my Grandmother. The best part was that we took the scraps of leftover crust, painted them with butter, sugar, and cinnamon or else jelly, rolled them up, and baked them. Wow, those were probably the best thing I've ever eaten because there was so much love in it. I still love a flaky pie crust.

I agree that's a great introduction!

i love cooking but i haven't cooked too many pies. cooking is definitely therapeutic.

for pies - i think i like pumpkin pie the best. :)

actually...mulberry pie is excellent ;) used to have it when i was little.

welcome :)

Archived