CrazyBoards.org

Hi- i am new to this board and not sure where to post things...i have been on lexipro and wellbutrin but have gained 20 pds atleast and it just wasn't working, didnt' like lexipro so my dr just switched me to Pristiq yesterday, so this is day 2...no side effects yet and don't feel any different yet but it is early still.

Just wondering what others are on pristiq and how ya'll are doing. any info would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks! ;)

Hey, Kittykat. I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Some people get a little upset if nobody replies...

There are a handful of us on Pristiq, most seem to have been on it for around a month give or take a week. I'm into my 4th week. In my signature, you can see everything I'm on and everything I've tried. So far, so good. No real side effects to speak of. Some people mentioned that it took 2-3 weeks before they started to feel better. I've had 1 exceptionally bad day and 1 exceptionally good day. The rest have been more good than bad. I must admit that I've been feeling pretty shitty for the past week, but that's because I've been fighting with my wife. (There's no med connection. We're just getting sick of each other. It sucks because we have a 7 year old boy who would be devastated by a divorce. Anyway...)

This last bit is why I didn't respond to you earlier, but, like I said, when nobody had replied to you, I decided to write in.)

Hi Day2Day-

Thank you so very much for replying to me, i really appreciate it! I'm glad the Pristiq is working well for you so far, i'm at the end of my first week and it seems to be going well so far, no side effects at all. Much better than the Lexipro/Wellbutrin combo i have been on.

I understand about the marriage situation, i'm on my second marriage and have a 9 yr old girl from my first marriage and a 2 yr old girl w/my second husband. Marriage is very hard, my husband and i are having a hard time too right now. Hang in there.

Hey, Kittykat. I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Some people get a little upset if nobody replies...

There are a handful of us on Pristiq, most seem to have been on it for around a month give or take a week. I'm into my 4th week. In my signature, you can see everything I'm on and everything I've tried. So far, so good. No real side effects to speak of. Some people mentioned that it took 2-3 weeks before they started to feel better. I've had 1 exceptionally bad day and 1 exceptionally good day. The rest have been more good than bad. I must admit that I've been feeling pretty shitty for the past week, but that's because I've been fighting with my wife. (There's no med connection. We're just getting sick of each other. It sucks because we have a 7 year old boy who would be devastated by a divorce. Anyway...)

This last bit is why I didn't respond to you earlier, but, like I said, when nobody had replied to you, I decided to write in.)

hi kittykat-

here are the links to some Pristiq threads that you may find helpful. ;)

- blue

[link=http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23597&hl=pristiq" target="_blank]pristiq 1[/link]

[link=http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23625&hl=pristiq" target="_blank]pristiq 2[/link]

[link=http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24141&hl=" target="_blank]pristiq 3[/link]

Blue Eyes,

Thanks so much for the info, i really appreciate it! How are you doing now on the Pristiq?

I'm at the end of my first week but haven't had any side effects yet so that is good, i hope it continues.

Good luck

Blue Eyes,

Thanks so much for the info, i really appreciate it! How are you doing now on the Pristiq?

I'm at the end of my first week but haven't had any side effects yet so that is good, i hope it continues.

Good luck

I am calling it my magic pill...maybe that's not a good thing, but that's how I feel. I feel really good. I still have my emotions, they just aren't so severe and the bad emotions don't stick around for more than a few minutes. I was worried I would become numb, but I haven't. I hope it works for you too!

Blue Eyes,

Good luck

I am calling it my magic pill...maybe that's not a good thing, but that's how I feel. I feel really good. I still have my emotions, they just aren't so severe and the bad emotions don't stick around for more than a few minutes. I was worried I would become numb, but I haven't. I hope it works for you too!

Hey Blue-

I am sooo glad you are doing good, that gives me hope! I know it's only been a week but i really do feel like i'm happier...it can only get better, lets hope! Good luck and keep me posted, i'll do the same.

Thanks so much!

All of you and CB have been great for me! Especially with more and more Pristiq guinea pigs introducing themselves. It's good to know that others understand, and that there is hope. I think I may be addicted to these threads! ;)

• 11 months later...

Pristiq saved my life. I am a walking ad for this medication. I was at the worst suicidal low when I finally decided I needed meds. Lexapro was great for the anxiety, but I slept all day long for a month and it had no effect on the depression. Switched to Zoloft and it had no effect at all. My last ditch effort was to try Pristiq. On day 2, I felt better. By day 5, I was a new person. I haven't been this peaceful in years and I am now myself again and have had the courage to face the things I needed to face.

Everyone is different, so different people will have a different effect. Having said that, I have recommended Pristiq to a few friends and everyone has had a great experience. We call ourselves the Pristiq Sisters. Someone else on here called it a magic pill. I have to agree.

Good luck to you.

I am also relatively new to Pristiq. I have been through many kinds of antidepressants and other meds such as muscle relaxers and pain meds for lower back, neck, migraines, anxiety, depression and what ever else. I have a strong family hilstory on my fathers side of depression, anxiety, bi polar and suicial issues. (my fathers way of leaving his pain-and a large part of my pain)

Anyway, I kind of like the Pristiq. I just had to get over the 1st few days.

Anyone taking Provigil, Pirstiq, and Lomictal??

Archived