CrazyBoards.org

Is Adderall available in Mexico/South America or Online?

I will be in South America for several months and will need to have some medication with me while I am there. Does anyone know whether Adderall is available there or whether it is available online? Who/Where can I call to check for availability?

Thanks!

- Luis

Amphetamines have been around for decades. I'm sure they're available in various countries in South America. If I were you, I'd research your specific destination, because there will be variance between the countries.

If you're going to be in South America, I'm not really sure why you're asking about Mexico.

When I was last in Paraguay, no pharmacist would give narcotics without a prescription from a local physician. So... I'd also start contacting your host to find a doc down there. I am assuming you speak Spanish or Portuguese enough to navigate a web search for psychiatrists in that country.

As to online, uh, no.

A good suggestion for out of country travelers is to carry a set of prescriptions from you regular doctors. They may not be accepted at foreign pharmacies, but they can help establish the legitimacy of any meds you carry with you, and also to any doctor you may see during your travels for refills.

If you are unable to find an English speaking doctor, the embassy or consulate usually has a list of reputable doctors, though they cannot specifically endorse them.

a.m.

A lot of this also depends on where you are going. South America is a rather... ummm... large place. There are areas with doctors and pharmacies, just as there are here. If you are going to a rural part, maybe you should try to find out how close the nearest sizable city is and/or hospital...?

I mentioned Mexico because I can have relatives mail me medication from there if it is available. As for location, I will be in major cities in Colombia. And yes, this is legal - I currently get monthly prescriptions for Adderall XR and IR and know that I will need them while I am out of the country.

Thanks!

- Luis

I mentioned Mexico because I can have relatives mail me medication from there if it is available.

If not Adderall by brand name, I'm sure one or more amphetamine-based stimulants would be available by prescription.

As for location, I will be in major cities in Colombia. And yes, this is legal - I currently get monthly prescriptions for Adderall XR and IR and know that I will need them while I am out of the country.

DEFINITELY contact the embassy - even if it's legal to mail out medications of this kind from Mexico, it might NOT be legal to receive them by mail in Colombia. And even if it's legal to recieve them by mail, the package has to clear Customs. That can take an awfully long time for select products (and it varies from country to country)

Interesting that you mention Yerba Matte - love this stuff, it's amazing how this works. Definitely on my regular shopping list. Any more natural suggestions in addition to the amphetamines would be great!

Thanks,

- Luis

Make sure you try authentic native-prepared Yerba Mate. It's ADD-friendly.

• 1 year later...
Guest gustavo

I will be in South America for several months and will need to have some medication with me while I am there. Does anyone know whether Adderall is available there or whether it is available online? Who/Where can I call to check for availability?

Thanks!

- Luis

Archived