CrazyBoards.org

I am apparently med-resistant for depression

Is anyone else here med-resistant for depression? I can't even find a therapist who will take my crappy Medicare. At least I could bitch to them. Except they usually don't help. The last one told me to sing. I couldn't sing like a canary if my life depended on it.

Why is it so hard to take a shower, I'm wondering? Its not like me to be such a slob.

Is anyone else here med-resistant for depression? I can't even find a therapist who will take my crappy Medicare. At least I could bitch to them. Except they usually don't help. The last one told me to sing. I couldn't sing like a canary if my life depended on it.

Why is it so hard to take a shower, I'm wondering? Its not like me to be such a slob.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I totally understand the taking a shower thing, it just seems like so damn much trouble sometimes. My pdoc is starting to think I'm med resistant for depression, I've run through the whole gambit of non-SSRI type anti-depressants. I'm BP so I can't take any of those. At my last appt. she couldn't think of any other anti-depressants to try me on. So for now, I'm only being treated for mania and anxiety. I'm trying to find a therapist to work with me, but it's hard with the insurance I have, not to mention the lack of them in my area. I guess I'm lucky in that my depression only bounces into that deep I want to kill myself depression for a few days until I go back up to just general unhappiness and disinterest in life. On some rare days I get to spend some time with someone special to me and I bounce up into giddyness. Anyway, enough rambling, I hope you find something that works for ya.

So for now, I'm only being treated for mania and anxiety. I'm trying to find a therapist to work with me, but it's hard with the insurance I have, not to mention the lack of them in my area. I guess I'm lucky in that my depression only bounces into that deep I want to kill myself depression for a few days until I go back up to just general unhappiness and disinterest in life. On some rare days I get to spend some time with someone special to me and I bounce up into giddyness. Anyway, enough rambling, I hope you find something that works for ya.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! you sound EXACTLY like me! I, too, am only being treated for mania and anxiety. My pdoc is actually angry at me and thinks I'm non-compliant because the side effects have been too severe to live with.  You have a shortage of therapists, too? So do we. But a shortage of pdocs big time! I'm trying so hard to find a new pdoc who won't be mad at me for this, and be understanding, but there just isn't any openings anywhere.

I don't feel giddy anymore at all. I wake up every morning disappointed that I woke up. At least my husband isn't wanting to divorce me right now, but that could change tomorrow.

Take care....see ya soon

Mellow, the shower thing must be an almost universal symptom of depression.  At least, it seems like a lot of people have that particular problem.  It used to be the first thing I would want to do in the morning--jump in the shower, or if I had time, soak in the tub in hot water.  Now, when I wake up in the morning, the thought of that water hitting me is more than I can deal with.  I wonder why?

Hey Mellow-

I have the same problem. I am 'depending' on lithium and Seroquel to squash my depression with not much luck. It knocked out my mania and anxiety which are two big issues but nothing for depression. Can't take ADs either because they make me manic.

I think they call it 'between a rock and a hard spot'.

Mellow, the shower thing must be an almost universal symptom of depression.  At least, it seems like a lot of people have that particular problem.  It used to be the first thing I would want to do in the morning--jump in the shower, or if I had time, soak in the tub in hot water.  Now, when I wake up in the morning, the thought of that water hitting me is more than I can deal with.  I wonder why?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For me, it's because I have hair that will never be "wash and wear," so the idea of having to blowdry and style it is too overwheming. I usually shower or bathe every day, but I don't always wash my hair.

Mellow, the shower thing must be an almost universal

I also have a shower problem.  Sometimes I will miss a day because I just don't feel like it.  It must be a general lack of motivation in most depressed people.  Don't get me wrong, I like to be clean.  I prefer to take baths btw, I find it more relaxing, at least you can lie down for a few minutes and just lay back.

Tom

Heh. gawd.  I'm doing good to shower twice a week.

Guest chickenboo

Hey, Mellow

Have you checked out local support groups?  I believe that NAMI keeps a current list and they do have local offices on the West Coast.  Don't give up on the meds.  Make your pdoc earn that huge fee!!!!! ;)

chicken

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember if you were one of the posts complaining about the Wellbutrin side effect and that you were going off, but Wellbutrin literally saved my life this past February, when I was going through suicidal depression side effects from Lamictal.  It's kept me up and functioning.

jen

quote=MellowYellow,Jul 23 2005, 02:26 AM]

So for now, I'm only being treated for mania and anxiety. I'm trying to find a therapist to work with me, but it's hard with the insurance I have, not to mention the lack of them in my area. I guess I'm lucky in that my depression only bounces into that deep I want to kill myself depression for a few days until I go back up to just general unhappiness and disinterest in life. On some rare days I get to spend some time with someone special to me and I bounce up into giddyness. Anyway, enough rambling, I hope you find something that works for ya.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! you sound EXACTLY like me! I, too, am only being treated for mania and anxiety. My pdoc is actually angry at me and thinks I'm non-compliant because the side effects have been too severe to live with.

Archived