CrazyBoards.org

im everything...so far lol

Guest happy happy rage cry

Does everyone do this? I have decided after 15 yrs that I have too many MI's to get better ... or to be "diagnosed" with any one in particular. FRom all tdocs/pdocs/family/docs ive seen.

chronic depression/cyclothemia

sleep disorder (nightmares/paralysis/rls/waking/some kinda cycle problem)

anxiety disorder

panic disorder

general anxiety disorder

autistic/asperger symptoms

ocd symptoms

ptsd

quite a few phobias

BP somthin ... 1 manic/mixed episode, coming up on another????

bpd traits

ed traits

what am i missing???

ooohh dissociative disorder of some kind. Anyone NOT dissociate when highly stressed?

let me think .....

cataplexy??(must look into more....legs gone from underneath me out of blue) no one knows why

Is there a board for cocktails as in dx's? Or do we call that one co-morbidity? Does co-morbidity apply when its like eleven different ones lol?

When do we decide thats enough ..... i could fit into every category going .... but almost .. not completely into most ;)

forgot to add possible siezures

migraines w aura/without

rheanauds (spelt it wrong i think)

random pains/fibromyalgiac symptoms/arthritic

...ummmm

When do we decide thats enough ..... i could fit into every category going .... but almost .. not completely into most ;)

lol, very true. Sometimes I feel like that unlabeled bottle on the science lab shelf. The one so old and weird looking no one really remembers what it used to be ... or be for... or began as....

..or what to do with it. Lol

icky sticky green mass of degenerated ... muck with a slightly scary iridescent glow. knda wobbly and with a spec of life in it now and again. Yep. Thats me.

no label required, just sick of the "if we label you we can label you we can treat your symptoms better approach" Maybe its true, I have never wanted the label until I realized that maybe just maybe, the specific drug that may help me, is a label away. I always tried to NOT let them label me. But that hasn worked for 15 years lol.

Trying a new approach. label, treat,observe,re-label-treat observe

Instead of no label, guess, observe no good, geuss again, treat observe no good, guess again an again an agaian

Instead of no label, guess, observe no good, geuss again, treat observe no good, guess again an again an agaian

Now you're cooking with gas! This works for me. If a certain dx sounds like a possible explanation then I give it some pause, do some research, talk to trusted tdoc and then possibly medicate. If my tdoc of 5 years thinks a dx is worth looking at for me, that gets my attention. Otherwise, I just kinda focus on what I KNOW to be true. That is I have major depressive disorder with suicidal tendancies and wicked anxiety. Managed but not cured.

My quality of life seems in direct proportion to my ability to do what I'm told by the people I pay to know more about my mental and physical challenges than I do.

Join us and you will learn stuff.

S9

Well, if you are bipolar, that takes care of depression and cyclothymia. A couple of the anxiety disorders may also be combinable into a single diagnosis. Everyone has some borderline traits. ;)

Anyway, it is pretty important not to try to diagnose yourself (or a friend or family member). You're just too involved on a personal level. You might be overly sensitive in noticing symptoms--or you might end up glossing symptoms over because you just don't want to believe that you have problems with x, y, or z. And this rule applies even if you've been trained in diagnosing mental disorders.

It's much better to talk to a person or to a couple people who've been trained in mental health and who have no personal/emotional ties to you.

Guest happy ahppy rage cry

Now you're cooking with gas! This works for me. If a certain dx sounds like a possible explanation then I give it some pause, do some research, talk to trusted tdoc and then possibly medicate. If my tdoc of 5 years thinks a dx is worth looking at for me, that gets my attention. Otherwise, I just kinda focus on what I KNOW to be true. That is I have major depressive disorder with suicidal tendancies and wicked anxiety. Managed but not cured.

My quality of life seems in direct proportion to my ability to do what I'm told by the people I pay to know more about my mental and physical challenges than I do.

Join us and you will learn stuff.

S9

Well, if you are bipolar, that takes care of depression and cyclothymia. A couple of the anxiety disorders may also be combinable into a single diagnosis. Everyone has some borderline traits. ;)

Anyway, it is pretty important not to try to diagnose yourself (or a friend or family member). You're just too involved on a personal level. You might be overly sensitive in noticing symptoms--or you might end up glossing symptoms over because you just don't want to believe that you have problems with x, y, or z. And this rule applies even if you've been trained in diagnosing mental disorders.

It's much better to talk to a person or to a couple people who've been trained in mental health and who have no personal/emotional ties to you.

yeah, jus a weeeeeeeee bit over sensitive/bias .... i dont wanna be bpd! lol, really because of the stigma, i really really really dont wanna be. At the one hospital i go to if you say borderline they immediately assume you must hit your kids. Its disgusting the way they can talk to an MI patient.

Im rambling, sorry. thanks for your hellos, and youve put in one sentence a very good mantra for me when im at the docs thinking ...whats the right answer to that one? ...

Labels provide an idea of what it is inside you are struggling with. They give title to your pain. Medications work with your personal chemistry and are not dx specific. What works for one is different than what works for another. 1. Depression and anxiety go together. 2. The OCD and eating issues are part of the Aspergers/Autism specturm. 3. PTSD and phobias go together. If you look at it this way you have these areas of concern rather than a whole bunch of dx's.

i dont wanna be bpd! lol, really because of the stigma, i really really really dont wanna be. At the one hospital i go to if you say borderline they immediately assume you must hit your kids. Its disgusting the way they can talk to an MI patient.

Maybe you can consider these types of people as "need to know". Don't spill all your guts to a new doc/nurse whatever unless they absolutely need that information. Especially in an ER setting. Of course you don't want to withhold information about medications you're on, etc., but for example, when checking out a new therapist kind of maybe ease them into your possible dx's? Or, I prefer NOT to tell people what I think is wrong with me, especially medical doctors, and just let them do their evaluations, me with my mouth shut, and go from there. I tend to learn more about myself with this approach.

It sounds like you have made the rounds. I would suggest stopping that and dialing in on one psychiatrist or psychiatric PA or nurse practitioner and sticking with them. Same with a therapist. Find one of each whom you can TRUST and kind of start from scratch with the whole diagnosis and treatment thang.

FWIW S9

Yeah, jus a weeeeeeeee bit over sensitive/bias .... i dont wanna be bpd! lol, really because of the stigma, i really really really dont wanna be. At the one hospital i go to if you say borderline they immediately assume you must hit your kids. Its disgusting the way they can talk to an MI patient.

Have you actually been diagnosed borderline, though? (You don't have to answer. It just wasn't clear from what you've written before.)

The primary treatment for borderline personality disorder is "talk" therapy. Meds may be prescribed if you also have depression, bipolar, OCD, etc. It is important to disclose all meds when you're in a hospital or whenever someone's thinking about prescribing you more meds, but disclosing your diagnosis/diagnoses may not be necessary unless the condition may affect/interact with treatment. For instance, something like epilepsy, diabetes, or hypertension should be mentioned--perhaps even more than once. Personality disorders are generally less relevant...

P.S. I didn't mean to sound like I was talking down to you. I have a penchant for "sounding" that way online (and yet I feel much more comfortable "talking" online than I do in person, but such is life).

Labels provide an idea of what it is inside you are struggling with. They give title to your pain. Medications work with your personal chemistry and are not dx specific. What works for one is different than what works for another. 1. Depression and anxiety go together. 2. The OCD and eating issues are part of the Aspergers/Autism specturm. 3. PTSD and phobias go together. If you look at it this way you have these areas of concern rather than a whole bunch of dx's.

Never thought of it like that. Tx. Always thought when i say which meds the nurses/drs are auto-picking ooohhh she must be ....

.... Don't spill all your guts to a new doc/nurse whatever unless they absolutely need that information. Especially in an ER setting........... Or, I prefer NOT to tell people what I think is wrong with me, especially medical doctors, and just let them do their evaluations............ Find one of each whom you can TRUST and kind of start from scratch with the whole diagnosis and treatment thang.FWIW S9

Yeah, in emerg is where it has beed detrimental to "fill them in on diagnosis" but I have started to quit that and just tell them what meds im on and which one i think is screwing me up. I have started fresh, well ... 3 yrs ago with a tdoc, and she has been great, i trust her, she hooked me up w a pdoc she trusts, and would find a new one if i wanted a scnd opinion. God bless her.

Sigh, shes the one who knows me best, and whos basically decided that were "looking at" bpd and ALOT of work on my end. I think she was trying to convince me that day to quit counting on meds for much other than small relief. Previous Pdoc whom i saw for over 5 yrs also said bpd traits was the only sure thing amongst all the other unlabelled symptoms.

Have you actually been diagnosed borderline, though? (You don't have to answer. It just wasn't clear from what you've written before.)

It is important to disclose all meds when you're in a hospital or whenever someone's thinking about prescribing you more meds, but disclosing your diagnosis/diagnoses may not be necessary ..........

P.S. I didn't mean to sound like I was talking down to you. I have a penchant for "sounding" that way online (and yet I feel much more comfortable "talking" online than I do in person, but such is life).

sooo, diagnosed, no, but treated as bpd, yes. Dont get me wrong, they tried other stuff for my other symptoms. Yes, I always fill ER in on meds too ... uncomfortably, but i do...

It is just the ER stigma and if my bf/family looks up stuff about bpd now im worried about the fact that alot of the info makes bpd people sound selfish, immature, attention seeking fakers. It does. Sadly I admit I've even used the term to descibe a couple people i know who were acting ... badly!!!

Stigma sucks. I regret using it. I regret being judgemental about borderlines. I admit. I was. Maybe still am. But I am sorry about it.

I didnt take anything as down talk artemesia, dont worry. I "sound" a little off online as well. Also sorry if anything comes across as that.

Sigh, shes the one who knows me best, and whos basically decided that were "looking at" bpd and ALOT of work on my end. I think she was trying to convince me that day to quit counting on meds for much other than small relief. Previous Pdoc whom i saw for over 5 yrs also said bpd traits was the only sure thing amongst all the other unlabelled symptoms.
:) :)

Yeah, the working hard part of it sucks sometimes--most of the time, IMO. But if I'm to really learn how to deal with my depression then the underlying causes for it have to be addressed. I've been with my tdoc for 5 years and he is awesome too. I get pissed of when I have to retravel certain events of my past, e.g., child sexual abuse, violence and neglect. I'm nearly 48 years old and have been in therapy for this crap forever it seems. Longer than the current 5 years. I did a serious round of therapy over childhood stuff when my first kid arrived 20 years ago on Saturday. ;)

Some stuff doesn't need revisiting but some stuff does and it turns out that's the stuff that is keeping me stuck and sick. Lexapro only goes so far and then I have to do the rest--if I want to get better, and I do.

S9

Archived