CrazyBoards.org

Hi, I am a new member

Hi, a cyber friend told me about this place. I was looking at it for my daughter who I am very worried about right now, but decided that I needed to be here. I was diagnosed with depression in my early 20's and I have been off and on meds. Currently doing welbutrin and paxil and would like to try something else. It works okay, but sometimes....well..not so good. My GP is an idiot and I guess its time to see a phyc. I am 43 years old, with 3 kids and 2 step kids. All my kids have various problems which adds to my depression because of my deep love for them. I am married to a very "old school" kind of guy who I adore, but just doesn't "get" mental illness. Lately, I have been chronically smoking pot, I know I shouldn't but I am right now. I know I need to stop. I am glad you are here and maybe this will help me some.

Hi, Lunna, and welcome to Crazyboards. Sounds like you are nuts enough to join us!

I agree with you that it's time to find a psychiatrist. To be fair to your GP, prescribing psych meds really isn't their area of expertise. Mine gives me my script, but he said if I felt I needed to be on more than one, I would have to find a pdoc. I thought that was a reasonable reaction.

We have a blog section, if you would like to write about your life, pets, children, meds, whatever. Just click on "Blogs" up at the top of the page. Also, you can access our few rules by clicking on "Rules" in the upper left-hand corner. The most important one is "Don't be a jerk," and you sound like a nice person who wouldn't be jerky. ;)

So, take your shoes off, pour a cup of coffee and join in.

olga

Archived