CrazyBoards.org

Hi, new here...fighting depression. I am still trying to figure out how to navigate this board. Kind of confused. Glad you are all here. Finally, someone who can relate to me.

Hi, new here...fighting depression. I am still trying to figure out how to navigate this board. Kind of confused. Glad you are all here. Finally, someone who can relate to me.

Hi Lunna, welcome.

I read your intro post and you fit right in. Stay around, browse the main board (just click on the crazyboards logo) and look for your own areas of interest. If you stick around, you will find lots of folks who can identify exactly to your same issues. I too suffer from serious depression. For the most part we encourage each other to stick with some kind of structured plan for mental wellness including but not limited to seeing a psychiatrist (pdoc), therapist (tdoc) and other supportive professionals. The plans we embark on toward mental stability almost always include adherence to drug therapies (usally excluding *the weed* ;) ) As I'm sure you know, most recreational drugs and alcohol might help in the short-term but exacerbate depression in the long run.

Good luck!

S9

Are you the depressed friend-of-a-friend that I recommended this board to? Heh, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you probably aren't that person... ;)

Either way, welcome!

On the main page (you can just enter "crazyboards.org"), you will find a link to the "general" depression section. There is also a section on antidepressants. And many, many other sections.

When you are done with (or exhausted from!) reading the old entries, click on "View New Posts"... It's near the top of the page on the same stripe as the "Logged in as" information. That will take you to all the new entries--and all the new comments--in all the sections (forums? subforums? fora?) on the Boards. The "View New Posts" function somehow keeps track of all the topics and comments that have been posted since you last logged it. Or something like that. Anyway, it seems to work for the most part.

I'd say "enjoy!" except that it seems like the worst thing one could say to a depressed person. Anyway, I hope (and suspect) that you'll find this site helpful.

I hope your depression becomes manageable.

Yes, welcome. I hope you discover, like I did, that, other than seeking professional help, joining CB may be the best thing you could have done in your treatment. I have already made great contacts with people who have the same issues, use the same meds, suffer the same side effects... I have also learned A TON in just a few weeks since joining from people like me. Misery loves company, but having good company can make this misery more bearable.

I agree with the above posts. It worked for me. I went into some of the areas that applied to me, but now I'm to the point where I log in (multiple times a day!) and click on the "view new topics." The best thing about going the "VNT" route is that you are exposed to a lot more posts, including things that maybe sort of apply to you but not completely but are interesting and helpful anyway... Does any of that make sense?

"VNT" also contains a lot of posts that have a more social feel. Sometimes that's exactly what you need! Just sort of comparing notes, sharing stories, maybe some jokes...

Please log in often, post regularly and stay connected!

Thanks again for responding...I am feeling really bad today. I hide it well, no one knows whats wrong. I keep saying "What did you say?" to everyone. What a space cowgirl...(love the name)

Thanks again for responding...I am feeling really bad today. I hide it well, no one knows whats wrong. I keep saying "What did you say?" to everyone. What a space cowgirl...(love the name)

Welcome to CB Lunna-

I hope you have someone to talk to, like a pdoc or tdoc. If not, maybe it's time to find one! CB is a great place to vent about anything that is going on in your mind that you don't feel comfortable telling your family & friends. I'm not sure where you are at in your efforts to manage your depression and feel better, but I hope you will find some info in the posts to help you in the process.

- Blue

Artemisia, I am not "friend of a friend" but I am glad to be here and meet new friends. So many people just don't get mental illness and I am tired of keeping it such a secret.

Hi Lunna and welcome. This place has been helping me for yrs. I dont know what i woulddo w/out it. The depression will eventually get better. I have been in and out of dep. so many times and you know waht? it always does get better. I hope you feel better soon. melissa

Sorry. I know of this girl who's not doing too well emotionally, and I was hoping you were her. (She has a name that's similar to yours.) By proxy, I gave her a link to this site, and I've been hoping that she'd start reading it, but I have to idea whether she has...

Anyway, welcome to you. The people here are pretty damn insightful and helpful, both when it comes to neuropsych info and with respect to moral support.

I realize that reading about other people's problems may be depressing for some people, but I personally find it helpful. (Sort of selfishly,) I'm glad I'm not alone.

Archived