CrazyBoards.org

Hey there

Hi there everyone.

I've been reading on this site for a while, so I figure it's high time to say hello ;) . I'm 21 and current dx is atypical social anxiety with suspected BPD (to be confirmed), taking over from the previous label of regular ol' depression/dysthymia. No meds for me, though. I'm in the process of failing my second uni course in as many years. I'm allergic to assignments. Plus there's this thing I have where I just can't bear to do anything that might be good for me. Sigh.

So yeah, I'm not really sure what else to say. So, hi, I guess. Nice to be here.

KT

When I was setting up my account, I had a hard time deciding which name (Artemis vs. Artemisia) to choose. ;)

Are you currently seeing a therapist or a doctor (or some-such) about your problems?

I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, but what makes you "allergic" to assignments? Is the material too easy/busy-work? Is it too hard? Do you have problems concentrating on them? Are you able to pay attention in class?

Anyway... Welcome! I hope you enjoy this site.

I hope you don't mind the similarities in names, Artemisia, I didn't realise when I first signed up! Oh and you're not being annoying - feel free to ask questions ;) .

I'm currently seeing a Tdoc, but no Pdoc at the moment (my last Pdoc experience was none too pleasent). And as with the assignments - still trying to figure that one out. One moment I'm doing them fine, next they're making me cry all over the place because I just can't force myself to do them. Go figure, eh? But yeah, I'm getting help. So it's a start.

Thanks for all your replies and welcomes,

KT

I hope you don't mind the similarities in names, Artemisia, I didn't realise when I first signed up! Oh and you're not being annoying - feel free to ask questions ;) .

I'm currently seeing a Tdoc, but no Pdoc at the moment (my last Pdoc experience was none too pleasent). And as with the assignments - still trying to figure that one out. One moment I'm doing them fine, next they're making me cry all over the place because I just can't force myself to do them. Go figure, eh? But yeah, I'm getting help. So it's a start.

Thanks for all your replies and welcomes,

KT

No problem about the name. :)

Your original post made it sound as though you were opposed to drugs on principle. I'd try not to be. I mean it's perfectly possible that you don't need them. And of course there are some bad prescribers of meds (or prescribers of bad meds?), but there are also responsible one. It's something to think about. It sounds like you've had an awful experience in the past...

I would totally try to work out your school issues with your therapist--that's what therapists are for (among other things). It's possible that you just picked the wrong field to study or the wrong courses to take (though I guess some of them may be required)... For instance, I could never ever major in something like engineering--or philosophy. Either way, I think I'd really lose it. Nor could I study to be a flight attendant or something like that; I'm just not social enough.

Try to be honest with your therapist.... I hope he/she is OK...

Once again, welcome!

Yeah, I'm talking about it with the therapist. Progress is painfully slow, however I'm assuming that's the way most progress is made ;) . Nah the feild is good - well it's not really so much a feild. It's like a developmental/bridging year at some weird alternative bible college for smelly hippies. I took the course so I could get my bearings after failing/dropping out of my previous course. I'm really enjoying the things we're learning and whatnot, but I've already failed it because of that whole assignment thing. But they're letting me stick around til the end of the year, so it will at least occupy my time.

Lol, yeah I'm trying not to be too uncomfortable about meds. I'm preparing myself for the likely event of going back on some. I guess I can't really complain if it's going to help me sort out my crazy head, lol.

Yeah, I'm talking about it with the therapist. Progress is painfully slow, however I'm assuming that's the way most progress is made ;) . Nah the feild is good - well it's not really so much a feild. It's like a developmental/bridging year at some weird alternative bible college for smelly hippies. I took the course so I could get my bearings after failing/dropping out of my previous course. I'm really enjoying the things we're learning and whatnot, but I've already failed it because of that whole assignment thing. But they're letting me stick around til the end of the year, so it will at least occupy my time.

Lol, yeah I'm trying not to be too uncomfortable about meds. I'm preparing myself for the likely event of going back on some. I guess I can't really complain if it's going to help me sort out my crazy head, lol.

I hope the therapy helps you figure yourself out. Best of luck!

Archived