CrazyBoards.org

WELLBUTRIN AT BEDTIME

Guest wiggles67

Guest wiggles67

hI AFTER TRYING NUMEROUS DRUGS FOR ANXIETY, ZOLOFT, EFFEXOR, CELEXA, AND HAVING HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH ALL OF THEM , MY P DOC HAS PRESCRIBED WELLBUTRIN.  I HAVE HEARD IT CAN CAUSE SLEEPLESSNESS BTU I AM A SCRIPT PHOB AND AM TERRIFIED I WILL GET THE OFF BALANCE, DIZZY SIDE EFFECTS.  IS ANYONE TAKING IT AT BEDTIME AS OPPOSED TO MORNIGN SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WTH THE SIDE EFFECTS?

I AM AT MY WITT'S END WITH TRYING DIFFERENT MEDS, AND AS I SAID I AM TOTALLY AFRAID TO TRY ANYTHING NEW BTU I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE PILL BOTTLE INTHE CUPBOARD FOR MONTHS NOW AND I KEEP TELLIGN MYSELF ANYTHING CAN'T BE AS BAD AS I AM FEELING NOW.

I HAVE SEEN ON THE BOARD MANY PEOPLE SAYING WELLBUTRIN INCREASES ANXIETY..  ANYONE HAVE ANY LUCK DECREASING WITH WELLBUTRIN.

IF I CAN'T GET MY LIFE BACK SOON I AM REALLY GOING TO BE HOSPITAL MATERIAL!

ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

THANKS ALL

hI AFTER TRYING NUMEROUS DRUGS FOR ANXIETY, ZOLOFT, EFFEXOR, CELEXA, AND HAVING HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH ALL OF THEM , MY P DOC HAS PRESCRIBED WELLBUTRIN.  I HAVE HEARD IT CAN CAUSE SLEEPLESSNESS BTU I AM A SCRIPT PHOB AND AM TERRIFIED I WILL GET THE OFF BALANCE, DIZZY SIDE EFFECTS.  IS ANYONE TAKING IT AT BEDTIME AS OPPOSED TO MORNIGN SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WTH THE SIDE EFFECTS?

I AM AT MY WITT'S END WITH TRYING DIFFERENT MEDS, AND AS I SAID I AM TOTALLY AFRAID TO TRY ANYTHING NEW BTU I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE PILL BOTTLE INTHE CUPBOARD FOR MONTHS NOW AND I KEEP TELLIGN MYSELF ANYTHING CAN'T BE AS BAD AS I AM FEELING NOW.

I HAVE SEEN ON THE BOARD MANY PEOPLE SAYING WELLBUTRIN INCREASES ANXIETY..  ANYONE HAVE ANY LUCK DECREASING WITH WELLBUTRIN.

IF I CAN'T GET MY LIFE BACK SOON I AM REALLY GOING TO BE HOSPITAL MATERIAL!

ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

THANKS ALL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How much wellbutrin are you taking? I was only at 150mg and I took it in the morning. I didn't have any dizzyness type side effects or anything, but as always YMMV. I had to quit it because it made my anxiety worse, but I am a very anxious person so it wasn't a big suprise. Zyprexa and klonopin are what I take for anxiety, and even with those in my system the wellbutrin made it worse. Have you tried any benzo's (like klonopin or valium) or atypical antipsychotics (like zyprexa or seroquel) for anxiety? From what I've read here they work alot better for anxiety type problems then wellbutrin does. Anyway, just my 2 cents, hope you find something that works for you.

hI AFTER TRYING NUMEROUS DRUGS FOR ANXIETY, ZOLOFT, EFFEXOR, CELEXA, AND HAVING HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH ALL OF THEM , MY P DOC HAS PRESCRIBED WELLBUTRIN.  I HAVE HEARD IT CAN CAUSE SLEEPLESSNESS BTU I AM A SCRIPT PHOB AND AM TERRIFIED I WILL GET THE OFF BALANCE, DIZZY SIDE EFFECTS.  IS ANYONE TAKING IT AT BEDTIME AS OPPOSED TO MORNING SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WTH THE SIDE EFFECTS?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually the folks taking WB at night are the oddballs who fall asleep from it.

What about Cymbalta? In my brief experience with it, it would (emotionally) stun an elephant. Then again, I'm one of the afore-mentioned oddballs. 

THANKS ALL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, I was just prescribed Wellbutrin 100mg daily as well.  it's my first experience with AD's, i'm like you very meds phobic.  I was terrified when I took that 1st pill because of all the reports of increased anxiety (I already have depersonalization disoder which doesn't play well with more anxiety.)  any way, I've been on WB only 5 days now, but zero side effects so far, no anxiety, no insomnia, nothing.  I dunno if it's a placebo effect or what, but I actually feel slighty better, more positive.  I also take .5mg klonopin in the morning with the WB. 

My psych says that people who don't have negative side effects are usually not online writing about them.  so don't be too scared of what you read, it may not happen to you at all. 

-ru

Archived